Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
It just doesn't matter anymore, Sluggo.
sure it does. In a few years, people should be going to jail over this stuff. They won't. In the Viet war, Lieutenant Calley and a handful of others were punished. Not the monsters in charge.

If my child was dead or grieveously ****ed-up from serving in this folly, I would want nothing less than prison for Feith and the like. Let's leave Cheney and Bush out for the moment. And there are over 3000 American dead and who knows injured severely mentally and physically. In the grand scheme of things, I think the Iraqis, Brits, Hondurans, Polish, etc. count as much.

And these folks who conspired can just lie and get away with it? Hounded to the ends of the earth is more like it.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
You may be right but it seems to me that the reason for presidential pardons are really for instances such as this. The petty stuff that we see pardons used for are not the reason they are written into the law. I always thought RR let Ollie North down by not issuing him a pardon from the get go and I'm not a RR or a ON fan.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
You may be right but it seems to me that the reason for presidential pardons are really for instances such as this. The petty stuff that we see pardons used for are not the reason they are written into the law. I always thought RR let Ollie North down by not issuing him a pardon from the get go and I'm not a RR or a ON fan.
Not sure I know your point; however, if this bastard did bush's bidding, well, I guess a pardon is OK. I'd like to at least see him thrreatened with going to prison first. Unlike that Dick, Nixon.

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pretty much lets the Dems off the hook.

Be interesting to see if they can make something out of it... but I seriously doubt it.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
I had no idea......Anyhow BJ was right, it just doesn't matter. These pricks had a plan to get us into this mess and you can bet your ass that these pricks have a plan for getting themselves out of it.

On one hand we have a couple of border patrol agents who are rotting in jail because the DHS railroaded them for shooting at a drug dealer. On the other we have a group of powerful men and DOD officials with the blood of more than 3,000 troops on their hands. Guess who is more likely to get a presidential pardon.

My solution for traitors who would lead this country to war on false pretenses.........

Additionally, every bit of their family fortunes should be used to reimburse the taxpayers for this fiasco.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
14,062 Posts
Except it's wrong...

UPDATE: It's a bad slogan -- but an appropriate one -- for the Washington Post, too, which seems to have been misidentifying Carl Levin's quotes as coming from the DoD Inspector General. Oops! From the WaPo correction:
References to Feith's office producing "reporting of dubious quality or reliability" and that the office "was predisposed to finding a significant relationship between Iraq and al Qaeda" were from a report issued by Sen. Carl Levin (D-Mich.) in Oct. 2004. Similarly, the quotes stating that Feith's office drew on "both reliable and unreliable reporting" to produce a link between al-Qaeda and Iraq "that was much stronger than that assessed by the IC [Intelligence Community] and more in accord with the policy views of senior officials in the Administration" were also from Levin's report. The article also stated that the intelligence provided by Feith's office supported the political views of senior administration officials, a conclusion that the inspector general's report did not draw.

·
Registered
5,184 Posts

Be interesting to see if they can make something out of it... but I seriously doubt it.
Your wrong again, the Dems, including your top pick Hillary concurred with intel. In fact her husband molded it for 8 yrs prior to 9/11, guess you missed that part. Here's my proof, where's yours.......

http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195723

·
Registered
4,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
5,038 Posts

All the more reason for the spineless Dems to end it today. They can do it if they had the balls, but they won't. They are lip-service cowards that can only muster a bull-**** non-binding resolution with the handful of spineless pubs.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Once upon a time Republican was held so high....and now they have fallen to a point where their party kin-folk are calling them "spineless". Hark...is this a Pub in transition to a Ind?:D

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
Once upon a time Republican was held so high....and now they have fallen to a point where their party kin-folk are calling them "spineless". Hark...is this a Pub in transition to a Ind?:D
Maybe after buying a few of those pies you are going to sell me:D You never told me when the Easton market fires up again.

If I thought the ind. could get elected I would be with you on that. I guess I just see more hope to turn the pubs around, but they are all becoming more of the same.

CZ

·
Registered
7,482 Posts
All the more reason for the spineless Dems to end it today. They can do it if they had the balls, but they won't. They are lip-service cowards that can only muster a bull-**** non-binding resolution with the handful of spineless pubs.
so all in all, you are still an Iraq war booster?

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Any move that a politician makes is strickly political .Most play to their own choir,but will jump ship if conditions dictate that move.
Just look how the current batch of hopeful contenders are jocking around.An example is Mrs.Clinton and her position to the Iraq war and how it is changing since the last election in November.By the time of the 2008 elections she will be left of Howard Dean.

·
Registered
5,038 Posts
so all in all, you are still an Iraq war booster?
I think it is a mess, but leaving abruptly would be a bigger mess. But, still, the dems. especially those protesting the war, are spineless cowards. If they believe what they told everyone last Nov. they would be pulling the plug now and trying to impeach Bush. Cowards

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Once upon a time there were democrats that had a spine and would never cut and run. The great party of Truman, and Kennedy, that were liberals in the true sense, not in the Marxist sense, are now just a partial shell of what they were. I too, was a liberal democrat of the 60s, 70s, but the party of Hillary, Kerry, Obama, and others left me a long long time ago. As far as the repubs, their abandonement of Reaganite principles, have partially resulted in the democrats taking power. They have to be stronger then the Dems to gain back power, because the media will always support liberal democratic principles over conservative ones.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
..........while the inspector general's report states that the office "developed, produced, and then disseminated alternative intelligence assessments on the Iraq and al Qaida relationship, which included some conclusions that were inconsistent with the consensus of the Intelligence Community, to senior decision-makers." The inspector general's report further states that Feith's briefing to the White House in 2002 "undercuts the Intelligence Community" and "did draw conclusions that were not fully supported by the available intelligence."
From Washington Post correction.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts