Tidal Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I wonder what blue crab roe tastes like
If you've ever eaten female crabs or crab meat you've already eaten undeveloped crab roe. Dry and dull tasting Everyone will be eating them when they close the male season . There's too many females, that's why the crab population is so low but there's not enough for recreational crabbers to harvest.The crabbing season wil be open to only commercially licensed crabbers They know people are that gullible to believe their "Science" .

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
I was thinking more of the developed apron
I never ate one. I remember when crab picking houses in Va. required crabbers to pull the apron off( orange bellys) crabs before they put them in there baskets to sell to them to pick crab meat. I never though I'd see the day when I'd only be alloweed to keep females in the name of crab conservation. We'l see in a few days and just when I could catch 2 bu.of males in no time in pots. close to home.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
When I did crab, the gunpowder was nothing but paper shells for me. Guess because of the fresh water. Big crabs, but empty
It depended where you crabbed in the gunpowder. I caught big,heavy males, but I knew where they were. Not as many as the hungry paper shells but quality crabs

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Just like the striper, if you don't make all of the states follow the same regulations then you are not solving the problem. Limit the amount of out of state licenses you distribute. If they want Maryland crabs, come to a Maryland restaurant, sit down and enjoy them. Go to the Inner Harbor and spend some of that Delaware money.

Mike

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Mike Delaware has plenty of their own crabs. More from PA.
Pennsylvania or any other state's money will work. We need them to come here and eat crabs not send them all over the country. More of our resources need to stay in the state. Limit the amount of outgoing seafood and I 'll bet the Maryland fish and crab industry survive.

Mike

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
.If they're going to close it, then they need to close it to out of state first. I don't crab enough to really care one way or another. When my folks want some, I dump the traps in and get about 30 crabs. I'm just as happy to stop at Lindy's and buy 10lb of picked meat when it's $20/lb and make crab cakes or stuffed shrimp.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts