1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope all of you are ready for a fight!

The Democrats' current gun-ban-list proposal (final list will be worse):
Rifles (or copies or duplicates):

M1 Carbine, Sturm Ruger Mini-14, AR-15, Bushmaster XM15, Armalite M15, AR-10, Thompson 1927, Thompson M1;

AK, AKM, AKS, AK-47, AK-74, ARM, MAK90, NHM 90, NHM 91, SA 85, SA 93, VEPR;

Olympic Arms PCR; AR70, Calico Liberty, Dragunov SVD Sniper Rifle or Dragunov SVU, Fabrique National FN/FAL, FN/LAR, or FNC, Hi-Point Carbine, HK-91, HK-93, HK-94, HK-PSG-1, Thompson 1927 Commando, Kel-Tec Sub Rifle;

Saiga, SAR-8, SAR-4800, SKS with detachable magazine, SLG 95, SLR 95 or 96, Steyr AU, Tavor, Uzi, Galil and Uzi Sporter, Galil Sporter, or Galil Sniper Rifle (Galatz).

Pistols (or copies or duplicates):

Calico M-110, MAC-10, MAC-11, or MPA3, Olympic Arms OA, TEC-9, TEC-DC9, TEC-22 Scorpion, or AB-10, Uzi.

Shotguns (or copies or duplicates):

Armscor 30 BG, SPAS 12 or LAW 12, Striker 12, Streetsweeper.

Catch-all category (for anything missed or new designs):

A semiautomatic rifle that accepts a detachable magazine and has (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a pistol grip (which includes ANYTHING that can serve as a grip, see below), (iv) a forward grip; or a barrel shroud.

Any semiautomatic rifle with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds (except tubular magazine .22 rimfire rifles).

A semiautomatic pistol that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine, and has (i) a second pistol grip, (ii) a threaded barrel, (iii) a barrel shroud or (iv) can accept a detachable magazine outside of the pistol grip, and (v) a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds.

A semiautomatic shotgun with (i) a folding or telescoping stock, (ii) a pistol grip (see definition below), (iii) the ability to accept a detachable magazine or a fixed magazine capacity of more than 5 rounds, and (iv) a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Frames or receivers for the above are included, along with conversion kits.

Attorney General gets carte blanche to ban guns at will:

Under the proposal, the U.S. Attorney General can add any "semiautomatic rifle or shotgun originally designed for military or law enforcement use, or a firearm based on the design of such a firearm, that is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, as determined by the Attorney General." Note that Obama's pick for this office (Eric Holder, confirmation hearing set for Jan. 15) wrote a brief in the Heller case supporting the position that you have no right to have a working firearm in your own home.

In making this determination, the bill says, "there shall be a rebuttable presumption that a firearm procured for use by the United States military or any federal law enforcement agency is not particularly suitable for sporting purposes, and a firearm shall not be determined to be particularly suitable for sporting purposes solely because the firearm is suitable for use in a sporting event."

In plain English this means that ANY firearm ever obtained by federal officers or the military is not suitable for the public.

That presumption can be challenged only by suing the federal government over each firearm it decides to ban, in a court it runs with a judge it pays. This virtually dismisses the principles of the Second Amendment.

The last part is particularly clever, stating that a firearm doesn't have a sporting purpose just because it can be used for sporting purpose -- is that devious or what? And of course, "sporting purpose" is a rights infringement with no constitutional or historical support whatsoever, invented by domestic enemies of the right to keep and bear arms to further their cause of disarming the innocent.

If these near-total bans aren't enough, the most dangerous part may be the phrase "pistol grip" because: "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip." In other words, any semi-auto long gun with a grip (that's ALL semi-auto long guns) would be banned under the existing proposal. It's not clear what they hope to achieve by deceptively banning guns with grips instead of just calling to ban the guns -- even an idjit can tell it's the same thing.

I didn't cover here all the magazine bans, transfer bans, dealer record-keeping and centralized reporting, and a host of nuisance details -- there will be time enough for that when the new lists are released soon: "As soon as President-elect Obama is inaugurated and the 111th Congress is sworn in," according to Ms. Brady. Congress is set to be sworn in on Jan. 6, Inauguration Day is Jan. 20.

No one expects the new proposal to be less abusive than the current one supported by the party of the Democrats. Remember -- these bans were proposed when the congressional anti-rights crowd had no chance of success. Now they are ready to run wild, or according to Sarah herself, "I have never been so confident." The "news" media has failed to report on any of this, preferring instead to blare that the incoming president supports the Second Amendment and commonsense (sic) laws.

To see the whole bill, go to THOMAS (Library of Congress) and search for HR 1022, (switch to the 110th Congress if the 111th has begun).

The excellent Firearms Coalition started by the late Neal Knox and now run by his family members makes these important points about the upcoming Judiciary hearings for AG nominee Holder:

"The Democrat members of the Judiciary Committee are all sworn enemies to the Second Amendment and are unlikely to be swayed at all by any firearms related arguments, but might hesitate to confirm based on Holder's participation in the pardons of 16 Puerto Rican terrorists and billionaire financier and arms merchant Marc Rich [and perhaps the Elian Gonzalez abduction by federal agents Holder authorized]. Any letters to Democrats should focus on those issues.

"On the Republican side, Arlen Specter, the ranking Republican on the committee has never been a friend to gun rights, but he owes his reelection to NRA support and has expressed concern over the pardon issues. Among the other Republicans, most are relatively reliable votes, but only Coburn has routinely taken a leadership role on Second Amendment matters. All of them need to be pressed hard to do everything they can to block the appointment.

"For more information about Eric Holder and why his appointment must be fought tooth and nail, go to our web site at The Firearms Coalition ."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
What we need in this country is a finalized "deal" on this type of legislation, one that would put the issue, forever, to sleep. I could agree to the bank on the listed guns as they have little practical use to sportsmen but would only do so if these idiots would leave me alone forever. That's not going to happen so, F--- them. No deal means no deal.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I know i will probably catch heat from this.I personally can not see any use in these firearms listed.I can say I have never seen any of these firearms in the woods.I know a lot of people target shoot,but some of these weapons do not belong in the hands of any joe blow that wants one.I am a pro gun and pro hunter.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I know i will probably catch heat from this.I personally can not see any use in these firearms listed.I can say I have never seen any of these firearms in the woods.I know a lot of people target shoot,but some of these weapons do not belong in the hands of any joe blow that wants one.I am a pro gun and pro hunter.
I'm kinda of agreement with ya, I know there are good people out there that collect guns and target shoot with possibly some of these models, but you are right about none of these guns have ever made there way to the woods or hunting blind. so I'm OK with it. Guns like these typically always ends up in the wrong hands, sorry guys
Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
889 Posts
And when the GUN GRABBING LIBERALS ban these guns ...........then they start on the REGULAR hunting guns....and anything else they consider an ASSAULT WEAPON......And thats ALL GUNS...........

·
Registered
388 Posts
You think "hope you're ready for a fight" may not be the smartest way of starting a thread about protecting our gun rights? When we come off as trigger happy ******** it does nothing but hurt our cause. I'm tired of being associated with people who act like this. Some of you guys don't think before you talk. Also, I don't believe that my hunting season would be affected by this one bit. You think that parents of kids at Columbine HS were all anti hunters? No Way. I would however say that they are all in favor of a ban on assualt weapons. Our guns aren't going anywhere. You can hunt and protect yourself with a shotgun. You can quickly commit mass murder with assault weapons. The last time a democrat was elected president, nothig happened to our guns. Lets think about what is really important here guys.

also: I wish i had a nickle for every time I could have started a thread "they're up to no good again" over the last 8 years. My camoflauge is blue!

·
Registered
838 Posts
It gets their foot in the door

By starting to ban some firearms which "you don't use for hunting" because they are "Assault Weapons" you open the door for more bans. Do you really think the "Bad Guys" are going to turn theirs in, yea right. Once these guns are gone, what will become the weapon of choice, maybe a Browning A5, oh my gosh we better ban them too. We need to stop any bans. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't think fully auto's need to be deregulated so anyone can buy them.

·
Registered
388 Posts
By starting to ban some firearms which "you don't use for hunting" because they are "Assault Weapons" you open the door for more bans. Do you really think the "Bad Guys" are going to turn theirs in, yea right. Once these guns are gone, what will become the weapon of choice, maybe a Browning A5, oh my gosh we better ban them too. We need to stop any bans. Now before you get your panties in a bunch, I don't think fully auto's need to be deregulated so anyone can buy them.
Do you think the "bad guys" could get in the homes of responsable gun owners and steal assault weapons. Do you think a troubled kid who's father owns assault weapons would think twice before who took his fathers gun to commit a crime.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Do you think the "bad guys" could get in the homes of responsable gun owners and steal assault weapons. Do you think a troubled kid who's father owns assault weapons would think twice before who took his fathers gun to commit a crime.
Don`t you think the father of a troubled kid would have his assault weapon locked up like responsible gun owners do ?

·
Registered
388 Posts
What we need in this country is a finalized "deal" on this type of legislation, one that would put the issue, forever, to sleep. I could agree to the bank on the listed guns as they have little practical use to sportsmen but would only do so if these idiots would leave me alone forever. That's not going to happen so, F--- them. No deal means no deal.
^ these are the very comments that make non hunters think all gun owners are idiots.

I'm just saying, rather than blaming the "liberals" why don't we take a step back and look at ourselves as a whole. When non-hunters think of gun owners and what they are all about, they think of NRA members carrying banana clip assault rifils. Why? Because that is what the NRA is focused on, rather than doing things like promoting gun safety classes in public schools which would do wonders for our cause. We need to pic our battles. We could argue this until we're blue in the face but it's not going to do any good.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
435 Posts
What we need in this country is a finalized "deal" on this type of legislation, one that would put the issue, forever, to sleep. I could agree to the ban on the listed guns as they have little practical use to sportsmen but would only do so if these idiots would leave me alone forever. That's not going to happen so, F--- them. No deal means no deal.
I usually stay out of these types of arguments but I'm sorry... I can't remain silent for it was English philosopher Edmund Burke who said, "'The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.' "

Your 2nd Amendment RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS is not granted by the government. It is recognized by the government to be given by God. Government leadership (having sworn to uphold The Constitution) are duty bound to PROTECT that RIGHT!

The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America does not say anything about "sporting use" when referring to your RIGHTS! As a matter of fact the 2nd Amendment was not created for that purpose at all... It was not created so that the armed citizen could protect himself from "bad guys" or to hunt... It recognizes the armed citizen's RIGHT to protect himself against a TYRANICAL GOVERNMENT.

A tyranical government is one that would attempt to, by decree, abolish a RIGHT given by God.

"FIGHT" is exactly the word to use in this circumstance! :soapbox:

Now... Back to fishing. :fishing2:

·
Registered
388 Posts
The 2nd Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America does not say anything about "sporting use" when referring to your RIGHTS! As a matter of fact the 2nd Amendment was not created for that purpose at all... It was not created so that the armed citizen could protect himself from "bad guys" or to hunt... It recognizes the armed citizen's RIGHT to protect himself against a TYRANICAL GOVERNMENT.
It's interesting how these threads never popped up as our rights were being trampled after 9-11.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I usually stay out of these types of arguments but I'm sorry... I can't remain silent for it was English philosopher Edmund Burke who said, "'The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing.' "

Your 2nd Amendment RIGHT to KEEP and BEAR ARMS is not granted by the government. It is recognized by the government to be given by God. Government leadership (having sworn to uphold The Constitution) are duty bound to PROTECT that RIGHT!

A tyranical government is one that would attempt to, by decree, abolish a RIGHT given by God.

"FIGHT" is exactly the word to use in this circumstance!
Well Said, I had know idea of how uninformed some people are when it comes to our rights.

You think "hope you're ready for a fight" may not be the smartest way of starting a thread about protecting our gun rights? When we come off as trigger happy ******** it does nothing but hurt our cause. I'm tired of being associated with people who act like this. Some of you guys don't think before you talk. Also, I don't believe that my hunting season would be affected by this one bit. You think that parents of kids at Columbine HS were all anti hunters? No Way. I would however say that they are all in favor of a ban on assualt weapons. Our guns aren't going anywhere. You can hunt and protect yourself with a shotgun. You can quickly commit mass murder with assault weapons. The last time a democrat was elected president, nothig happened to our guns. Lets think about what is really important here guys.
Personally I felt it fit pretty Darn well myself, I am sick of hearing some liberal a$$ is out for any gun to include mine or yours.
I am not associated with you sir in any way what so ever so feel however you want.
You are so unconected with the real world, you think if they take one or two guns they would be happy and leave the rest alone,Give me a break.
Anyone could commit any of the mass murders with any gun sold not just black guns.
Get real, the democrats came up with the last Assault Weapons band so guess you are out of touch or compleate denial.
Bottom line is it's my God given right to defend my family and myself along with my 2nd ammendment right to own what ever gun I want to include any Black gun and if I want to pay the tax our goverment wants to charge I can go full auto or get a suppresor if I want.
Now thats the real world and how it should be.
As far any fight, well I can fight with a pen as well as by fist and beleive me I would if needed when it comes to my family's safety.
As far as ******** go, it's better to be then to be a CANDY A$$, mush more rewarding.

·
Registered
264 Posts
can anyone show me a news clip from some one going crazy with one of these weapons lately most of our crime problems have nothing to do with those weapons... i dont own any of those but i know people who do...if you ban them your just going to take them away from the honest people...i personally couldnt care either way just my opionon

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Let me remind everyone that it's the person behind any intent or weapon that does any wrong not the weapons they use.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Bottom line is it's my
God given right
to defend my family and myself along with my 2nd ammendment right to own what ever gun I want to include any Black gun and if I want to pay the tax our goverment wants to charge I can go full auto or get a suppresor if I want.
Actually, it's a right given to you by the Constitution.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Actually, it's a right given to you by the Constitution.
Wrong answer my freind, Sir GOD was around long before our Constitution was and people have defended their families long before this, the United States Constitution simply confirmed that's it is our right here in the good old USA so others would know it is our right. I for one will back up our great Constitution for what it is and will not let any bunch of liberals take our rights away like they want too.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Get a couple for me, I am off to rabbit huntr Saturday myself, what a great Country to be able to enjoy such freedoms.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts