Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the marina at about 8pm in the trusty Old Town limousine, hit the lights in the creeks around Poquoson River. Caught 30 fish from 19-27in in about 4hrs. Had some holes that were constant action! Kept our 4 limit, and headed in at around midnite.

Here's the secret... SNEAK UP ON THEM! we saw 1 other boater in a CC and he had caught 2 fish.

Gulps, of course, were the hit.

tight lines

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
viriginia boy 1, think i saw you out there what kind of boat were you in?

I was in the OLD TOWN Limousine!!:thumbup:

my buddy's 15.8 Old Town Discovery. We also use a ClackaCraft, but forgot to have them put it into the water, so we used the old faithful. I have a heck of a set of shoulders and traps!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ever tried a small Yo-Zuri shallow runner under those light?
yeah, we've used crystal minnows, but there are 2 problems- one is that they are 6$ a pop, and the second is treble hooks.....at night.....in an OldTown......ouch. Besides, the grubs seemed to outfish them. If you want to do topwater, try putting a BA on a bass-worm hook with no weight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sounds like the stripers have grown a bit in the river; last time I was out a couple weeks ago, most were around 18". This would be a good option if the wind kicks up for some night fishing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts