Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new boat owner- and I'm fairly new to the NN (got myself a place down there 4 years ago). I love this board. It is so much fun learning from you folks!

Pissed off right now, though- I left my seat cushions on my Grady and someone took them all, along with my chart book. My boat is WAY up in the air on the lift- it's near impossible to climb up on it when it's that high, but they still did it.

Not only that- but I had my boat at Yankee Point for a couple of weeks and when I got it back, my first aid kit was gone.

Is this problem somewhat chronic in that area?!?

·
Registered
659 Posts
NAH!!! It's cronic to the world. In todays world you cannot leave anything unattended. I have had treestand, trailcam cameras, life preservers, rods, baits stolen. Even had the treestand cabled to the tree. Seems like the mindset is take it if you want it. Doesn't have to belong to you. Really sad!!!!!
LBubba

·
Registered
208 Posts
This past year our door to the cottage (Mathews) was kicked in and they took the big heavy (older) tv and dropped in the road while trying to move it....lucky for them I was not home or close by....

·
Registered
231 Posts
We didn't have too much of a problem with it years ago, but as the population increases so does the number of bad apples. Sorry for your troubles but nothing is as it use to be. I still have to force myself to take my keys out of the car and lock the doors at home.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Anash,

Were on the Corrotoman? I'm way up the Western. Also, what Grady? I've got (2) of the front cabin top cushions for (I think) a 226/228 that are new/never used that you can have if you can use them. The came with my 232 but were too small, and look bigger than what I had on my 208, I think. They are the pie shaped cushions that go on either side of the forward hatch, if you happen to have a 226.

I'm thinking you may be the one high up the lift that was on the rocks after Ernesto?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have had innumerable items stolen in the NN ... my keys, wallet, camera. These things always seem to show up a few months or so later when I go to empty one of my fishing buckets. The thief apparently slips this stuff back into these buckets after a period of time ... probably from a guilty conscience. Still missing some keys to my truck though.

The only time we lock up is during the extremely dangerous zuchini season. If you're not careful, these things will break into your house during the summer. We find them showing up all the time.

I never lock up my truck at the ramp and never take my keys with me for fear of having them stolen. As I mentioned before I had my keys stolen, but it was only when I took them with me on the boat.

One other item stolen was my canvas cover to my center console. It happened of all things when I was trailering the boat down the road. Some Indiana Jones character must have jumped on the boat at speed and yank it off. Still waiting for that to be returned.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
MAN I hate a thief,,,

too bad you did'nt catch them ,,, a fresh can of Pepper spray down the throat always makes them think about what they did..

·
Registered
175 Posts
Had a confession from some guy named Win D. with regards to the center console cover. No idea how he got my number. Win D. said it was a crime of opportunity. When he jumped on the boat he found the cover was not attached via the snap buttons. It was the easiest think to take at speed. Did it just for the fun of it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Anash,

Were on the Corrotoman? I'm way up the Western. Also, what Grady? I've got (2) of the front cabin top cushions for (I think) a 226/228 that are new/never used that you can have if you can use them. The came with my 232 but were too small, and look bigger than what I had on my 208, I think. They are the pie shaped cushions that go on either side of the forward hatch, if you happen to have a 226.

I'm thinking you may be the one high up the lift that was on the rocks after Ernesto?
Thanks so much for your offer. That's very generous and I really appreciate it. However, mine is a 208.

I'm at Merry Point. Just got my boat this spring, so it wasn't mine on the rocks after Ernesto. How about taking me out fishing (or visa versa) so I can figure out what the hell I'm doing out there?!?!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thief

I'm up the rivah from you, and we have had some strong winds. I hope they blew away and no took them, I'd hate to think we have thieves on the rivah.
Catch me sometime and I'll tell you how to fish, but catching is different.:fishing2:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Be glad to help any way I can, but RivaJoe has much better local knowledge than I. His deameanor isn't as good as mine, though. :D

Joe, you can have the cushions I've got, but I think your hard top pipes are in the way now.

Hoping to get out once of twice more this year, and that's going to be about it for me. With any luck the fish will be in the river and the weather will cooperate.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
435 Posts
I'm also a "come here." I've been on the NNK for almost 8 years now and my experience has been very much the same as FishDontCare... I rarely bother taking my keys out of the ignition (unless it's Friday night at Wal-Mart). I hardly ever lock the door at the house. If the front door is locked then the back door is open... I've never had anyone steal from me. I'm armed to the teeth and so are my neighbours and I suppose word like that gets around.

I'm sorry for your trouble. Check with your neighbours... They may have seen a vehicle or someone suspicious and didn't think to report it.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm with the previous poster. We don't lock cars, houses, boats, etc. and we have some Lancaster County poverty close by. That contractor (Brocklebank?) that stole a bunch of stuff and got busted big-time (as reported in the Rapp. Record last year) is the exception to the rule, but hey that can happen anywhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts