Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you see the birds diving, the water is 43 deg F, a fog is rolling in, and you friends are calling you out to join in on catching 35lb + Stripers, listen to your intuition. Don't go.

·
Registered
717 Posts
That's scary sheit.[sad]

I'm too wimpy to even think about that...glad he had some help, but it does look like he lost a couple of rods...coulda been his life that he lost.

Any idea who that was?

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
It was Suber, he actually only lost a few loose things, but kept all the expensive stuff. His boat was rigged correctly for the surf.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I hope he was smart enough to have a dry suit on before even attempting such a thing in the winter! The lure of the sirens (errrr stripers) can be strong.

Just curious, was the paddler unable to self rescue and paddle back in or was the help just more appealing? With a sit on top it should have been pretty easy.

The surf sure looked good in the pics [wink]

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope he was smart enough to have a dry suit on before even attempting such a thing in the winter! NO! I had on breathable waders and a polypro top. The water came in up to my shins.

Just curious, was the paddler unable to self rescue and paddle back in or was the help just more appealing? Help was there, too good to pass up

With a sit on top it should have been pretty easy. Easy does not come to mind when waves are pounding in every 15 seconds. I'd be glad to spot you and you tell me if its easy. But easy is not the word I would use.

The surf sure looked good in the pics. It looked different from where I was sitting

·
Registered
327 Posts
Wow! You are lucky to be telling the story! I paddle alot and I fish alot but have yet to mix the two. I know how tricky it is trying to self rescue in pounding surf. From the photos it looked more like a rogue wave thats why I was wondering about self rescue. I grew up surfing that inlet this time of year and I can't believe you went out with out a wetsuit or dry suit - you are a braver man than I! Just happy you are here to tell the story[angel]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts