Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dove the third island this morning. vis not too badd, 8 - 10. Afew small togs but no sign of spadefish.water temp from 68 - 71. Some people out there need to learn what a dive flag means, it doesnt mean cut between the boat and the island. Anyway, meat for the fryer, beautiful day

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we were on the ocean side from about the middle to the norhtern end. I' ll be out this weekend also, dont know which day yet.If it is saturday i'll send you a message or see you out there. Did you see those nice sheepshead caught at the yancy? 10 pounders

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
thanx for the report- those tail holes just dont know any better. i know cause i used to be one of them 25 years ago- its amazing for sure.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Be careful if you try the Yancey. If the current starts rippin you will be in trouble. Time it right and you will be ok. Martin

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks for the report.
One thing is for sure..some of them don't know and don't give a crab about nothing. Were you far away from the rocks, lesss than 50ft.?
I like to place several dive flags in the water on a rope from the boat to close to my diving area on my way in. Last time I was there a few came right to the rope but never went over it, maybe they know rope in prop. = mucho $$

See ya in the water.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were probably seventy five feet from the rocks with one flag up and a buoy on a rope behind the boat.. I should post the name of the charter boat that cut through

·
Registered
805 Posts
Next time make it as hard as you can for a boat to go between yours and the rocks, not only it can make it safer for you but also you know how hard it can get to and from if the current starts to rip with fish, gun/gear. The line out from the stern can be a life saver if you miss your boat with a load on you because of the strong current, you'll be out and over the tube and away from land/rocks in just a few minutes and then...where did he go? Have you seen a diver pass you just now? [wink]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts