Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Friday with a great crew, primary focus was flounder but just can't sit still when sight conditions are so good. Found a few keeper flounder and a lot of toads at the cbbt that like bluefish strips and finger mullet. After we got Meghan her first keeper, a 20", it was time to go looking, saw about five in the channel but didn't get any good shots.

Saturday, took my son out with a neighbor for flounder, Spanish, or cobia. Started at the cape Henry wreck with about six other boats at slack tide and nothing but toads boated. Headed in to the third and spotted a couple cobia along the way that proceeded to charge the transom and kept us from getting a good cast. Set up at the third for flounder and we noticed the spades following our bait up. No clams, but improvised and manage to catch a few on small pieces of blue and fishbites, or gulp combos. Didn't see anymore cobia on the way in.

Sunday, family beach day was torture knowing the cobia conditions were right.

Monday, put another crew together and after a late start due to someone known on this board oversleeping, we started checking buoys finally. Hook up right away on an eel. Taylor, fights his first cobia and lands a nice 30lb, 43" fish. Competed with a few other boats for buoys and saw about 6 more fish but couldn't get them to bite after losing the rest of our eels or didn't get a shot at them, such as the pair we spotted rolling on a turtle as it went down. Decided to catch some croaker for bait and glad we did. Spotted some fish on the cbbt and they inhaled the croaker. Alex reeled in a 26lb, 46" fish that brought Kenny to his knees, saw a three pack on a piling and hooked up on a croaker again but broke us off on the piling. All fish caught, hooked up and landed with j-hooks, now I can get some good rest.
Water Water resources Vertebrate Azure Fluid
Water Boat Vertebrate Naval architecture Vehicle
Glasses Shorts Sky Water Smile

·
Registered
409 Posts
Wait..... Alex overslept again?

Glad y'all got em today! Nice fishing with you Friday, and working with y'all on the water today!

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait..... Alex overslept again? Glad y'all got em today! Nice fishing with you Friday, and working with y'all on the water today!
Big time! You to Dave, good luck tomorrow. Can't wait to go again but afraid my team will get rid if me if i don't show my face more than a few days a week. At least they have some cobia steaks coming.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Thanks for the report. Nice job adapting to spade!
BTW, I was @ the 3rd and 4th at CBBT yesterday. Dragged steel for spanish. Saw few signs of life, except a few reeling near the pilings. Finally ran across a few 1/2 way home 4-5 but all were throw backs! Did spot a few cobia @ BBR. I am breaking out different gear today.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts