Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made plans to hit fisherman's ils. today but saw the forecast & hit rudee instead. left the mouth just as the daylight was breaking which was fitting seeing we had ice breaking as we put the boat in. headed into 3-4 ft seas coming n.e. & turned south. never got passed damneck. ran out to the 3 mile area as soon as the sun came up the birds went down. tons of birds. bait was everywhere, water was 46.7 deg. had myself, travis & his 2 friends. 6 rod spread-wire line w/28 oz mojos chartreuse/red & white w/ live eels on the 15 ft trailers, med rods were small & lg. imitators tiger, way back were a wht parachute 2 oz & an in-line eel 3 oz. eels were not the bite changed to tomics on the trailers that was the ticket. had our limit quick. talked to Robert (playinhooky) on reel escape they were bailing em. lost a fish pretty sure it was a tuna, ran like a bat out of he!! had to back down on the motors but she kept running finally popped free. excellent quality of fish, winds calmed we called it a morning & headed for the stall. tough when this is what you've got to throw back.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
there ya go......i wondered why my phone rang and rang all day !!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Great seeing you out there Tony! Congrats on a stellar day! ANYONE who was out there should of had a fantastic day! We had our 16 fish limit of 25#-35# by 9:30.........I am pretty sure I saw a tuna break water Tony........not many Stripers have dark colored backs that are FAT and ROUND!!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
WTG Tony:thumbup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts