Tidal Fish Forum banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
About a week or two after Agnus out on the flats there was trees , furniture, All kinds of things that came down river. And there was bass at every thing that washed down. The flats and the lower Susky was loaded with fish. I was laid off from the ship yard so I was guiding at that time. It was wild. No problem catching bass trolling a deep diving Bomber lure. Surface lures and spinner baits out on the flats. It was so easy everyone thought they were experts. LOL!

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Agnes actually flushed a lot of **** out of the Patapsco thru the state park. I used to fish for smallmouth during the ‘80’s. Some big ones were caught by others but not me. I don’t know if is still good or not these days..
Some nice bass, but mainly snakehead, carp and catfish

·
Registered
Skinny water fisherman.
565 Posts
The camper was shaking like dog crapping bones.
I'm sorry, that made me laugh. I've heard rocks, razor blades, bricks and chainlink fence, but never bones.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I was living on Bay side of 76th street in Ocean City working for the summer, no radio or TV. We're were going die, cat 3 wind and rain all night then subsided after Angus turned west up the bay that saved us. That morning after sunrise, west winds were 35-50 MPH +, 8' 12' waves hitting the beach, surfers were loving it. I do remember took me 3 days to call home let family know I was still alive as they had it worse than we did. That was the year met Charlie from Anglers, he was working on Charter Boats, we're still friends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Agnes actually flushed a lot of **** out of the Patapsco thru the state park. I used to fish for smallmouth during the ‘80’s. Some big ones were caught by others but not me. I don’t know if is still good or not these days..
i read that the hurricane flushed a lot of things out of the river and helped clean up the mills pollution by Ellicott City and items above Daniels.

Regarding the smallmouth - i used to see an occasional nice one, even near easily accessible areas. That was many years ago. Fishing pressure is extremely high since the DNR Regularly stocks trout in late winter and early spring and again in the fall. And in the last few years the river seems to have been “discovered” and even finding a place to park is tough. I do not fish it as much.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
So you were there and drove over it during the height of the event, or just answering with your typical ****ty dumb ass humor?
Well, I’m thinking if the dam moved 2 feet, so did route 1 and As I said previously, I wasn’t around during Agnes so guess I missed that detour. Not humor, just asking

·
Registered
216 Posts
Some of you make the most stupid comments and then when questioned, get bent out of shape. Lighten the F up!
or
Well, I’m thinking if the dam moved 2 feet, so did route 1 and As I said previously, I wasn’t around during Agnes so guess I missed that detour. Not humor, just asking

Well, you might think that, but since you weren’t there, you don’t know.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Agnes was just a little before my time but I remember reading that Raystown Lake in PA was built just before Agnes and the Army Corps of Engineers calculated that it would take a couple years to fill up. It filled in that one storm.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts