Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who is gonna give it a try this weekend, looks like the rain may get outta here for sunday.

SAT
SE WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 1 FT. RAIN.

SUN
E WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

Ill be trying Sunday out of Chesapeake Beach....

·
Registered
4,576 Posts
Who is gonna give it a try this weekend, looks like the rain may get outta here for sunday.

SAT
SE WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 1 FT. RAIN.

SUN
E WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 1 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

Ill be trying Sunday out of Chesapeake Beach....
If you're fishing out of Chesapeake Beach the forecast for North Beach to Drum Point will be a little closer to reality. Good luck and be safe if you decide to brave the elements

SAT
SE WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 2 FT. RAIN.

SUN
S WINDS 15 TO 20 KT. WAVES 3 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
never mind...doesn't look good at all...nor easter sitting on top of us, i think they are under estimating the winds when they say 20knots..probably gonna be more like 30+

·
Registered
1,227 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,149 Posts
I think I'll wait and go out Monday.25-35 knots-real Grady weather plus no one else will be out. :D Seems like alot of wind this spring. Skip

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I give up, whats with the weather map? It doesn't mean a thing to me. I see lows and highs but in what relation to land? Just where is this map showing? Thanks, Bob

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers,
After checking my e-mails I see where Bludworm has baseball practice on Friday, Opening day on saturday, a scrimage game on Sunday and a home game Monday evening. And my neice just had a baby and will bring it home the weekend. So the weekend for me looks as questionable as the Wx report. :nono:

·
Premium Member
26,149 Posts
The closer the lines are together-the higher the winds.Best is a high pressure system with lines very far apart.

Print that out and study it-it's a fisherman's nightmare.:eek: Skip

·
1,295 Posts
I'm going to try and sneak out Saturday early morning for an hour or two and just to run up and down scenic Back River to make sure To Dog works OK and doesn't sink. Also making a new set of boards (knock offs from Wayne Morgan's design so they should work) and want to let them go for a swim and make sure they work too. After that it's back to the warmth and dry of home to rig rods, make umbrella rigs, and get everything else for the big day on April 21.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if ya can sneak out on Saturday looks to be alright....

SAT
NE WINDS 10 KT. WAVES 1 TO 2 FT. A CHANCE OF RAIN.

SAT NIGHT
E WINDS 15 KT. WAVES 2 FT. RAIN.

SUN
NE WINDS 20 KT...BECOMING NW WITH GUSTS TO 35 KT DURING THE NIGHT. WAVES 3 FT. RAIN...THEN A
CHANCE OF RAIN AND SNOW SHOWERS.

MON
NW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. WAVES 3 TO 4 FT.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
fishblockers!

Can't beleive it! New boat, but so many fishblockers, (related to the infamous c*ckblockers in our world) Got permission to go sun from the boss, now this. I am in a world of fishblockers, 2 month old, 2 year old, barmitzvahs on opening weekend, and now NOAA gets in the act! When I get to go, the fish gods better help me out! Just scheduled Sat. morning to pick up a baby seat in Purcellville from the boss. Gonna try to shoot a gobbler early, pick up seat, and be home by 10:00 for daddy duty. Then I was gonna fish on Sun., now this! Fish gods better hook me up when I do get to go, I'm putting in my time!

·
Registered
849 Posts
I give up, whats with the weather map? It doesn't mean a thing to me. I see lows and highs but in what relation to land? Just where is this map showing? Thanks, Bob
look at the background. the map shows the whole us.

that big low pressure is centered right over our area.
in the northern hemisphere, the wind is always, counter-clockwise aound a low pressure;
a high pressure will have clockwise circulation. thus, from that chart, we're in for some heavy north and northeast winds.

b

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
They've already changed the forecast twice and it's only been 8 hours. I am definatly going to at least find out. Right now Saturday looks perfect and sunday looks allright up until the mid morning.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts