Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a short (3 hour) first trip of the season. Started dropping lines in at the 25' mark off the mouth of the South River. Had the first fish on at 45', a slot size fish. Next about 60 minutes later, at 55', we boated a nice about 43" http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/images/smilies/BigFish.gif
:bigfish:bubba immediately followed by an approximate 34". All fish were quickly released. The fish were a little deeper than expected, about 20' to 25'. All were caught on umbrellas with 6" shads on the hook. I hope this is a good omen for the rest of the season.http://www.tidalfish.com/forums/images/smilies/clapping2.gif
:clapping2:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Capt...thanks for the report. TPL is in my neck of the woods. I'm glad to here the fish are there. I gonna try and dunk my boat next week and try to find bubba myself.:rockingreport:

Jim

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the report Capt John,nice to get 'em close to home.What were conditions
like out there?
Stinkbait ,holler if you need help with your boat
Jimmy

·
Registered
951 Posts
Capt John - What was the water Visibility - Would you say more than 12"?
Very curious.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Great Report!

Capt John - Sounds like a great first day of the season. Glad the fish are around T-Point. Keep the reports coming!

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Thanks for the report, Capt John. I fished a little further north, Hacketts area but no luck this evening. Noticed a big difference in water color around 88.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Nice to know that they are coming a bit closer to the Magothy/Bodkin area!!! That means that I wont have to travel as far :)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Visibility and conditions

The visibility was between 18 and 24 inches. It looked to me like the discolored water was down about 24". You could see what looked like a mud trail coming off the props. The weather conditions were great, very little wind less than 1" chop, and mostly sunny. The water was 53 to 54 and the air was much cooler than I was expecting. I always forget to ignore what the weatherman is calling for temperature wise early in the season when on the water.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts