Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about buying this gun for blackpowder and then buying the rifle barel in 30.06. Anybody have this gun or reviews of it. Ive talked with 2 people about it and they both said it was bad ass and you would never need to buy another gun. Just curious on some more hunters opinions.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I would have to agree, it's a upgraded Encore that's about as nice a gun as it feels or looks. As long as you have the receiver you can add more calipers as needed. I have been shooting these Encore rifles for a few years now and have been very pleased with every caliper I have used to include the 50 cal black powder version and feel it's one of the better choices.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A friend of mine has one, and likes it. I think they're overpriced, but then again, I'm cheap.:yes: They are pretty versatile with the ability to get rifle and shotgun barrels for them.

·
Premium Member
4,888 Posts
I've been thinking about getting one for years but something always seems to be getting in the way. Right now I'm prolly gonna get another AR15 with a Democrat run government on the horizon. Perhaps next year.

·
Registered
785 Posts
bought the Endeavor this year!

I upgraded from the Omega (Thumbhole, SS barrel, HD Hardwoods pattern) this year to the Endeavor.
:clap:
Sweet gun.
Took two nice does during the early muzzleloader.
Here is one with a pic of the gun:
View attachment 12608

I am just debating on which caliber to get for the rifle part - something that can take deer and elk and have a longer shooting range while maintaining good knockdown power.

I sold my .270 since the Endeavor can play the part of my muzzloader and rifle.

Expensive - yes.
Worth it?
So far I'd definitely say yes.

Jim

·
Registered
401 Posts
I have an Encore. I have literally shot an Encore and a Pro Hunter side-by-side with the same barrel size. The Pro Hunter was easier to cock being that it has an extension on the hammer. I didn't feel any noticable differences in recoil. Both nice guns.

I have it in .50 cal muzzleloader as well as .300 Win Mag. I've shot the .50 cal with groups at 200 yards.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I like my Encore. I sold the 50 barrel and bought the new 28 inch fluted 50 endeavor barrel with the hand twist off breech plug. Shoots like a dream.

While you are at it, you might want to try the new Blackhorn 209 powder. Its a Pyrodex/Black Powder substitute. Smokes nice and pretty but is non corrosive and leaves almost no residue in the barrel. You can shoot 20-50 times at a range and NEVER have to swab the barrel between loading. Shoots a little faster than Pyrodex or 777 for equal grain load.

I have a 300 whisper barrel that I shoot sub sonic loads for urban deer. About as loud as a 22 short and kills head shot deer nicely. I have a 270, 243, and 308 Win. All shoot well. I rarely shoot my other rifles anymore.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Worth it

I have the original Encore in .50 and 300 Win Mag, I have been very happy with it and it shoots fantastic. I feel a little jilted they came out with the Pro-Hunter the year after I bought mine. They really are great rifles and the customer service is fantastic. You may look at the new 30 TC for it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I do not own one but several of my friends do. They are very very nice. I shoot a sidekick muzzleloader which was about $170 and along with a decent scope shoots just as many deer as my buddies. BUT there is no comparison in the two and the Pro-hunter is simply an awesome firearm. The quality and versatility make it a very smart choice, assuming the cost is affordable to the individual. That's my opinion. Good luck.

·
Registered
401 Posts
If you piece an Encore together here's how it breaks down using my E. Arthur Brown catelog.

Black composite stock and blue frame - $351
Black composite forend - $27
.243 blue barrel - $250
total : $627

That's the base model stuff (composite black with blue finish) with no scope and before transfering fees (when you buy a frame you have to get it transfered from EABco to a FFL).

For stainless frame add $12. For stainless barrel add $ 31.

I use Nikon Pro Staff scopes which run around $150-170. So for the base gun with that scope it's right around $780-800.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've been shooting my Pro Hunter for about three years. I love that gun.

One thing about TC is they never rest on thier laurels. The Endevaor has one nice featcher I wish I had with the hand removable breech plug. The breech plug on the Pro Hunter takes a quarter turn but you need a special tool that comes with the gun. Either gun is a fine weapon that you will be glad to have. If you take care of them they will last you a lifetime. Would I trade mine? NO!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts