Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No good fishing to talk about so I wanted to hear some thoughts on others hopes and expectations for the rest of this season.I have had great success this season on every trip but last sat.Ive been 5 for 6 on trips with excellent catches including yft, bft, a mako and an assload of mahi on one trip.Overall very pleased but I hope theres more to come.It sucks that this bluefin season has been just about a bust.I did kill one 45"er which I hoped was just the begining but now not looking good on the bft front.Im guessing they simply passed us by as happens some years I hear.Sucks.Anyway there is still a good amount of the season left and im anticipating the next bite thats going to happen.Maybe an inshore chunk bite will develop.Maybe some wahoo on the inshore lumps.Or battle the crowds in the BE hole and try not to get run over in my little boat searching for my first eyeball.Otherwise im going to have to put the time in and learn the tilefish deal or really focus on some wreck fishing.Wrecks which I can never seem to locate on my finder??? Just need to put a little more time into im sure.Anyway talk to me what are your thoughts.Good, bad or in between the Tightrope will be out there giving it hell as im sure many of you will.Hopefully my good luck continues but it sure isnt easy right now.How about some of you seasoned offshore guys.What are you guys hoping will develop? Fingers crossed.Tight lines, Mark.

·
Registered
80 Posts
We had a decent season. Didn't light the world on fire last Saturday but did ok. It's been frustrating for us the weather has been tough and days we do fish haven't been nice. I pulled the boat back to middle river this past Sunday. Can't seem to find a way to get away from work and the fishing has really slowed down. I'm hoping the marlin get fired up end of August and I can get a few cracks at them.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Great fishing to come. Chunk bite is starting, marlin bite is coming on . late summer- fall fishing can be very productive. Bluefining has not very good after the draggers hit the area years ago

1 - 3 of 3 Posts