Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out late for a coupla hours out of CB due to friends work schedule. Launche around 11:30 and it was blowing. Met Mlag and he warned us it was rough since he saw we had my son along. Drove out against the waves and turned back to troll, wasn't all that bad. Friend from work got her first spring fish and now understands the difference between spring and July. Then Wayne was up and finally "Rod Grabber" Travis beat me again as I was playing with the dummy lines. Fish were 30",31" and 36". All were caught a little shallower than usual. Out of five fish landed this year, two were on green chute, barney heads on a big umbrella, and the other three have been on Jon Deeres from Tyler's. They were hot last year, and now we run three of them out of our 15 bait spread. I think they like the contrast, don't know. Six year old did wonderfully on the boat again and eventually took a nap on a new beanbag I've been bringing for him. Takes all the shock out and he knows where to hang out when we're setting lines. Wish I would have had one as a kid, always trying to knap on the floor with a jacket under my head.

Attachments

·
Registered
Koah Roller Speargun, 100 Euro
2,937 Posts
Nice job! We thought about putting the gear back in the water just off of CB once we got back north but decided against it. Glad you picked up some nice fish and decided to stay close to the ramp....Don

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
Hey Mark,
Nice meeting you today. I will have to keep a look out for your crew at wish-a-fish this year. I'm glad it laid down for you. Smart move staying close on the western shore. You definately didn't want to get in this................

It got a little dicey but Don's boat handled it well...........................Mark

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Thanks again, When we have newbies or young kids aboard, a "heads up" is a gift, changes the whole plan. Very pleased it worked out for us, we felt lucky to get one, much less three!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Went out late for a coupla hours out of CB due to friends work schedule. Launche around 11:30 and it was blowing. Met Mlag and he warned us it was rough since he saw we had my son along. Drove out against the waves and turned back to troll, wasn't all that bad. Friend from work got her first spring fish and now understands the difference between spring and July. Then Wayne was up and finally "Rod Grabber" Travis beat me again as I was playing with the dummy lines. Fish were 30",31" and 36". All were caught a little shallower than usual. Out of five fish landed this year, two were on green chute, barney heads on a big umbrella, and the other three have been on Jon Deeres from Tyler's. They were hot last year, and now we run three of them out of our 15 bait spread. I think they like the contrast, don't know. Six year old did wonderfully on the boat again and eventually took a nap on a new beanbag I've been bringing for him. Takes all the shock out and he knows where to hang out when we're setting lines. Wish I would have had one as a kid, always trying to knap on the floor with a jacket under my head.
Where did you find your bean bags? I have been looking for some for the longer runs. Congrats on the nice fish.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Thats great, not the conditions but, the report of fish. Gonna steal your idea of the beanbag. Might need a super squishy one on my boat though.
Mike

·
Registered
384 Posts
Hey Mark,

Way to put your guests on fish. Great having your son along too, looks like he'll be an awesome fisherman.

Ted

·
Registered
917 Posts
http://e-searider.com/

I have the large wedge and the large teardrop. They cost a little but are WELL worth it! Mine have held up great and the company has darn good customer service. Its the only way I can get my better half to go trolling with me. She steers while I set lines, then she gets in the bag and is gone in 5 minutes.......

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Hockleyeck, actually got mine just before they were gonna throw it out from my school. One of the few "perks" of working in an elementary school. My students told me there was a store in Tyson's called "Lovesack" that sells them. Ted, let me know if you ever need a mate for WAF in case your son is gone to camp or something this summer, or you need an extra. Not signing up a family this year, but would love to still participate. Mark

Whoops, just checked out the lovesacs, way too expensive to put on an open boat.

·
Registered
605 Posts
nice hook ups on a lil choppy day :)

·
Registered
762 Posts
I guess this means one of you Rogers boys will be first to the fish on Sunday...unless Travis steals your fish first. :hysterical:
I think it's your turn, oh wait, Dave hasn't landed one yet! I will just sit calmly steering us to the fish again and watch you all fight for the rod. Much as I hate trolling it is entertaining...:popcorn:
Travis and I paid our dues today trying to LTJ in sloppy conditions. That should give us some good karma Sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts