Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone thinking about making the run out of OI or Hatt on thurs the morning looks doable but the seas appear to build as the afternoon moves on ....might make a go of it but looking for buddy boats

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mike,
Any guess on where the fish may be? I may be able to pull something together, your right about the weather building in the afternoon, probably gonna be a fish till lunch time deal. Lets get some info on where the fish are, and I'll get a crew.

Capt_Ben

·
Registered
798 Posts
If anyone needs a hand, Im trying to get a last trip in before my wife gives birth to our next daughter (and i'm grounded for a few months).

I can work a spread in small boats w/bad seas, dont drink, will be at the ramp when said with expense money, tools, 30/50wsetups(if needed)

B-mail me if you need a hand.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if i was a betting man after a few long sips on my rum drink while looking at the SST provide grasiously by Terp SST my guess would be in between the 1250 rocks and the point on the 100FM line

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Looks like we are in,
Fishfool, I may need you. Call me.
757-621-5094

Capt_Ben
NoMercy

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yep, It didnt look right last night when it was 'supposed' to drop down to 3 foot for most of the day, then go right back to 4-7 by evening.

Thanks for the offer, guys.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mike,
Hate to do it, but Im not going to be able to pull this one off. Man it hurts me more than breaking up with a good girl friend to call off a trip. Lots of luck if you make it.

Capt_Ben

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well so much for that thought no crew no boat no tuna so guess i'll be trolling for striper once again ...... oh wait no crew for that either screw it i'm going to sit at home and watch movies if anyone is board and wants somthing rigged or somthing gimme a yell i'll be here

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
flat now, but what if this came early? Be a nice ride in......

..GALE WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM EST THIS AFTERNOON
THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...

TODAY
S WINDS 10 TO 15 KT...BECOMING W 25 TO 30 KT WITH
FREQUENT GUSTS TO 35 KT LATE. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Now if i was to bring a long board .........yah i could do it....what if it did come in early what if it didn't hell what if it snowed you know......then again what if NOAA forcasted the weather correctly more than 30% of the time who knows whats going on any more it is a **** shoot this time of year lets all hope for next time

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Mike,
Wind started howling around 2 this evening, and thats in Va Beach, wonder what it did down south? You figure out a way to rig a 50 wide on your long board and Ill do the same to mine. We'll catch em...one way or another...hell or high water.

Capt_Ben

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yah it started down there about 2 but the OI boats brought back tuna not a bad run oh well so if i get the 50's and put a sail on the longboard i think that we'd be good LOL oh well waiting for next time

Capt. Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts