Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was supposed to fish Saturday out of Oregon Inlet with Brynner Parks on the Smoker. I talked with Brynner Wednesday night about the weather situation for the weekend as a result of "Ana". Since it did not look good for Saturday and Brynner said he was open for Thursday, a plot was quickly hatched. After getting turn-downs from some of the usual suspects, I managed to get Bobby Jenkins on board and with my brother, Erik and Mike Williams' son, Micheal ready to help angle, we left Raleigh at almost midnight, drove to the fishing center and got on the Smoker at about 3 am. William, the mate, and Brynner showed up about 4:30 and we were of a little after 5. The center span of the Bonner Bridge is open now and we were off. By noon we had 4 nice yellowfins and 46 dolphin in the box. We had to transfer fish to the ice hold to make room for newcomers. We called in the rest of the fleet to the temperature break/weedline we had all to ourselves and went looking for more tuna, but without success. Final tally was 47 dolphin and 4 yellowfins. About a dozen of the mahi were slingers, but the rest were true gaffers with at least a dozen over 20#. It took me until yesterday afternoon to finish cutting and vacuum bagging. Have made all of the neighbors and many other friends happy. For "Boy's Night Out" Friday, we had blackened mahi tacos and yellowfin sashimi. Yumm! Great trip. Cloud Sky Wood Watercraft Boat Food Tableware Table Plate Dishware

·
Registered
119 Posts
Really like fishing with Brynner, Hard to get a day in may, june with him. The boats that made it over the weekend had Yellows, Bigeyes and some Mahi

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw. If we had gone with Brynner on Saturday it would have been 8 yellowfins and 4 mahi. They really had a good day Sunday. Would have loved a bigeye or two. Not complaining mind you. Going again on 5/30.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That's a little metro for boys night out...Must be Northern VA. Just kidding!

Brynner is really fun to fish with and Will works his ass off. Great team. They crush it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been fishing with Brynner for 25 years. I have an email list of about 100 guys and in the fall I book a dozen or so dates so I can get Saturdays during good fishing times. Split the charter and a cottage with 5 other guys and it helps me "feed my habit". Booked 14 trips for 2015. I have fished with lots of other great captains out od OI over the years: Omie & Tony Tillet, Kenny Pekrun, Jesse Granitski, Ned Ashby, Barry Sawyer, and others, but nobody works harder or is more consistently on the fish than Brynner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts