Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the late report;

Thursday:
Fished with Tom (riverwatcher). Did not leave dock until after 2:00 because of tide, headed north and worked around 62 with no takers. Bite was hot up at Smith Pt- did not have time to make run, especially with building SE wind.

Friday:
Tom and I left the dock around 8:00, after fueling up at Norview (they do have gas), ran north and started working South of 62 in large pods of bait. Worked North and marked TONS of bait; began catching pretty steadily right about even with the buoy. Fished until about 2:00, ended with 10 fish, smallest at 31". Nothing too crazy, not many birds, but nice steady catching. On the run home, continued marking large pods of bait all the way down through the RP buoy.

I'm done for the year, but with the water temperature was 45, they should still be around a while longer.

Tom, thanks for fishing with me, enjoyed it. hope to do it again in the spring.

Jay
"KwikRelease"

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the run back in heard of a few people off of 1MH that had a good bite for about half an hour then "someone shut the door". Listening to the radio Sat (couldnt fish because of low low low tide) heard a few boats around Wolf Trap/41/etc looking, never heard if they got into them or not

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks, Jay. It was a fun trip. Glad we could finally overcome the extremely low tides in the creek and get out and find some fish. Water temperature is finally going to drop, and my boat motor trim switch needs replacing, so I think that was also my last trip for this winter.
Of course, I can be available on short notice if anyone else wants someone to join them while the stripers are still here.
Tom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts