Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boss tells me she's going out of town and won't be back until monday. I looked at the weather forecast saying low of 28 blowing knots out of the west. Lets go. I went to a spot that i haven't been to yet this year and know that there is a steady run of deer using this area often. Arrived at my tree a 6:10 with my climber stand and just as i take the stand off my shoulders i hear a deer start snorting. This sucks, tell all the deer where i'm at and ruin my day right. I put out some doe in heat and climbed the tree. The deer is still snorting so i started grunting at him to see what happens. At 6:45 here he comes, it was barely light enough to see my pin on the bow from an angle but he came up to me about 8-10 years away sniffing the dow in heat bottle broad side . I drew back on him and the arrow slipped off the rest making a scratching sound and off he went. He stopped about 30 yards away snorting and hung out just downwind of the doe in heat for another hour or so. I counted 4 points on the leftside and would guess and say that he was at least a 2 1/2 year old by the size of his body. Oh well, I check out that spot again next week after the rut picks up.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just got the whisker biscuit lecture from my pops... he's been telling me to switch over for years.

·
Registered
57 Posts
3 P&Y Bucks killed in the last 2 weeks w/pics

All killed in VA in the last 2 weeks by my best friends. All in the 125-132 P&Y inch range. Bucks are crusin hard right now! Needless to say, this is best year we have ever had thus far. I started off the season with a really nice bow deer and these guys have just plain got it done. Talk about setting the bar

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use the Whisker Biscuit as well for hunting and will never go back to a typical arrow rest. It is used as a rest and it eliminates the possibility of your arrow falling off 100% like what happened to you.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I love mine for hunting, but I have to be careful. When shooting a lot during the off season it tends to rip the veins off of the arrow. What I do to solve this problem is dab a small drop of Fletch Tite on the front of the vein where it connects to the arrow. This has helped out a lot. Before doing this I would start ripping veins at around the tenth shot on one arrow. Now I can't remember the last time it's happened.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Whisker biscuit means a few things. Just like hairy harmonica ( I play it quite often ). Sorry for the adolescent humor. I can't help it sometimes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts