Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished about 1/2 mile south of the pier and in about 35-38ft of water all day. Water temps varied from 42-44. There was plenty of bait, birds and a few fish. We had a slow start with a few knockdowns, a lost fish and a few throwbacks. Kept working the same general area most of the am. At 10:30 they started biting pretty good, did not get any over 32" though. They all hit the smallest chartreuse and white shad bodies that we had out there. Nothing on mojo's umbrellas, spoons, tomics or anyhting else, only the 6" chartreuse and white single shad's. We caught about 12 in all, about 8 were over 28" and the rest were under. From the way it sounded, there was not much action up by cape henry but we left about noon. Saw some bigger sized fish form down south at the docks at Rudee on the way in. The man was visiting folks at the dock at Owl Creek, they were pretty cool, but checked everything on the boat and looked in a bunch of spots trying to see if we had any extras tucked somewhere. Luckily, my fire ext. was still good as I had not checked it in a while.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I have to work tomorrow so I went ahead and took today off instead. It was flat as a pancake out there this morning. Let me know when you want to go Carey. Pete, I am gearing up for the togs, I heard on the wx radio today the tmep was 49 at the south island and I was wishing I had gone togging instead. I think it will keep getting better if this weather holds, the water was steadily warming all day today out there, 42 in the am and 44.1 at 11:30ish.

·
Registered
782 Posts
justin
I heard you and cameran went down south yesterday....Trying to get a seabass and tog....
or a river catfishing trip for saturday....give me and KIP a call....I think I am gonna throw out my mullet net and get some fresh shad for cat bait......also made some more dredges up this week for offshore....gotta see those....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Kendall, I might go Sunday. I am kissing butt Saturday (part of wife's b-day present was to watch both kids for the etire day while she goes to the beauty parlor with my loot) to build brownie points for this drum season.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts