Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get out of Mattapeake tonight until sunset, but tried to make the most of the 45 minutes in my jon boat. Nice evening. The sky lit up blood-red once the sun went down behind the Severn. Saw a couple of guys I know near the bridge. When I left they were unhooking a keeper top-water rockfish. Not as good a bite as past evenings, but still some decent fish around. I slow-popped a Lonely Angler Holo redhead.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You don't waste any time getting the pics up! Good seeing you out on the water. It wasn't the best fishing by any means but we scratched out a few. Must be nice just running out after work. Beat's traveling an hour plus to get to the Bay.

It was certainly one of the prettiest sunsets I've seen in a while.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
About how many days per week do you get out?

-JB
Only twice this week and the sun was almost down when I hit the water tonight. Considering I was on the DC metro at 6:00 AM and worked two jobs today not counting a retail business, I thought I was doing okay! You gotta do what you love.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Really nice Shawn................like you said "Gotta do what you love"........

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
"Saw a couple of guys you know".... WTF ???? Obviously you knew Phil and Jimmy were wearing CROC's and you are as embarressed as I was....:roflguy::roflguy::roflguy:

Was a BEAUTIFUL evening, not a great bite, but nevertheless, it's not all about fishing.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
You gotta do what you love.
That's the truth! We were out Wednesday evening on the Magothy and didn't get set up on our first pier until just before slack tide. Predictably, we didn't catch a thing, but it was great being on the water with a good friend.

Great sunset picture Shawn! We had one just like that about a month ago to cap off an evening where we were just slaying the breaking blues at Gum Thickets. There's nothing quite like a sunset on the water.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Looks like you made the best of your 45mins Shawn. Thanks for the report and I hope to find a few of those topwater fish tomorrow

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
Shawn,

I thought that was you. We were over there for a little while in my Son's Grady. I didn't want to pull up on you and disturb the bite. We went back to work the piling for more Blues. It sure was a pretty evening with a gorgeous sunset.

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Oh hell then Dennis I did see you, if you were in the small Grady.. Ya could have come over and said Hi...

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Now what you gotta do is find a place to stash that boat on the W. Shore so you can avoid driving all the way over the bridge to grab it.

-E

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support Tidal Fish
4,199 Posts
Nice topwater fish go along with that sunset,you cant beat that .Thanks for the report .

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Only twice this week and the sun was almost down when I hit the water tonight. Considering I was on the DC metro at 6:00 AM and worked two jobs today not counting a retail business, I thought I was doing okay! You gotta do what you love.
I should take a page out of your book.

-JB

1 - 17 of 17 Posts