Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Hi,

We've had an Android app for a while. It has some glitches and does not have all the features that we all really need to be able to do everything. (Things such as not being able to upload fish pictures from the boat, no ability to have a favorite forum screen etc....)The iPhone app died in development from some approval problems from Apple's iTunes store and I let it die.

We've had a lot of requests for a good mobile app for the iPhone and Android and I'm tired myself of looking at the mobile version which is OK and the full version which is just hard to use because everything is so small. So we've hired some developers and what is coming is both an iPhone app and an Android app. Some of the features on the list are:

Browse your favorite forums in an easy-to-use interface with multiple notification types (Private message, subscription, etc)

Fully customizable home screen with favorite forums

FREE push notification support! Get private message and subscribed thread updates from your favorite forums in the background!

Poll updates (Messages/Subscriptions) from favorites on home screen

View graphical poll results and vote on forum polls

Image attachment thumbnail and full size viewing from threads

View a thread page's image attachments in one convenient browser

Save thread images to your iPhone/iPod Touch library

Fully searchable forums

View embedded links without leaving the app

Supports portrait AND landscape mode in app

Full posting options (quote posts, start new reply)

Attach unlimited photos from your library (or take photo from camera and upload to forum)
Full support for private messages and private message folders

Full support for thread subscriptions - track your favorite threads!

We should have everything in a few short weeks. Android before ipHone simply because of the approval process. I will keep everyone up to date, but wanted to let you know since we've had a lot of requests lately. You talked, we listened and are making it happen

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Entourage,
Yes, the new app will let you upload pictures from your phone. Either from your camera roll/gallery or take a new photo and upload. :photo4::thumbup:
Brandon

·
Registered
115 Posts
My Galaxy S3 is ready and waiting.....BTW became a subscriber today!

J.R. on board the "Captain Henry"

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I talked to the programmers today and we are getting close. I think they will submit the iPhone app to Apple this week. It usually takes a little time to be approved. The Android app I am hoping gets dropped in the next week or two. I know development was behind the Iphone app, but it will get approved almost instantly.

I will keep this thread up to date.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts