Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking through the Tidelines last week, saw it had listed the Southern Maryland MSSA Flea Market as being held in Prince Frederick. From the flyers, it seems the flea market will really be in Solomons at the firehouse (March 24 and 25).

This is more confusing because the Solomons Charter Captains show used to be held at the fairgrounds in Prince Frederick. Last year I know there was some last minute confusion as to whether that would be held or not.

I know that last year Tidelines made the same mistake; listing the Southern Maryland show at the wrong location. Not trying to dis my own organization, but it is unfortunate that we keep making the same mistake.

·
1,295 Posts
I've just looked through the latest edition of Tidelines (Jan/Feb 2007) in print edition and on-line. Both list the locations at Solomons Firehouse". Where did you see it differently?.

·
1,295 Posts
Didn't see that the frist time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Southern MD Chapter Fishing Fair

Despite indications in Tidelines, the fishing fair will be held at the fire hall in Solomons off Dowell Road. (Last year it was Fisherman Magazine, this year it's Tidelines!!)

The Charter Captains at Solomons, the SCCA, will not have a show this year. The last time they had one, in 2005, it was held in Prince Frederick at the Fairgrounds. No Show, No Mo!!

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
An Unfortunate Mistake

But a typo none the less. I still get people accusing me of moving the Fishing Fair because the fisherman magazine's error last year. These types of mistakes suck...for everyone involved, but are almost unavoidable.

Here's the complete information as it stands right now. This website will be updated as more information becomes available.
http://www.mssasmc.com/MediaData/announcements/FshingFair.htm

also...of course...here's the flyer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Tidelines is full of errors. Just check out the solution to the circle a word puzzle! Just an example of the lack of attention to detail the mag gets.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
maybe we can get a VOLUNTEER to proof read TIDELINES before it goes to press but I doubt it because if they were to make a mistake it would be all over the board.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts