Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Okay.... there's everything... should answer the final questions. See you all in 2 1/2 weeks!!!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Do the various tiers sell their flies? I would be willing to trade flies, however I do not tie. I am very interested in showing up, meeting fellow MD flyfisherman and supporting the local trade.

Please let me know the protocol. Also, I have not figured out how to send or check my bMail on this new version.

thanks....

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am encouraging everyone that is tying to bring flies for sale. This started as a tying event hence the name. However, I didn't want to leave anyone out so I decided to start including the rod companies, guides....all that good stuff. The 2 shops will also be bringing a healthy supply of flies, materials....all sorts of stuff. Glad you are coming and hope you have a good time.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I can't wait!!!!! A little mini vacation for me.:)
Last year, being at a table (doing furled leaders), I didn't get to mingle around and see everything and meet everyone. So, I'm bringing flies to sale. Not for proffit to keep in the theme of tiefest, just to cover the cost to produce.$5 each. Each will be a box containing one Petey the Petrel Popper complete with Petey's story, tieing/fishing instructions, and technical support for 1 year.:D I thought this would be better for anyone interested in the fly, being that they could actually take the pattern home with instructions, instead of trying to remember it along with all the others.
Later, Harry

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
11 Posts
Need A Great Restaurant

Going To Tie Fest On Saturday, Spending Friday Night At Tidewater Inn, Need A Good Restaurant To Take My Wife To. Suggestions Please.

Thanks,

Mike Martin

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tidewater is in Easton right?
I just don't know enough about the restaurants down there... Brandon...oh Brandon.. If no one else replies, I have friends in that area and I'll ask em tomorrow. Get back to you around the same time...

REMINDER!!!
TO THE GUYS WHO ARE TYING.... SELL YOUR DANG FLIES!!!! I can't tell you how many people have asked me about being able to buy flies. Keep the money... I know it is in the spirit of the fest to give back... but you guys already are giving your time and talent. Those Petey flies harry... come one dawg... that's a one in a million. Make it worth your while.. and save one for me!!!!:rockon:

TieOneOn... is going to have an instructional DVD of Va Beach flies. Who the heck wouldn't want to buy that? I'm going to get one.
So much more gentlemen... I am gettting stoked.. It's going to be all that and then some and at the end of the day, you'll be glad you were part of an event like this.

·
Administrator
18,673 Posts
Places in Easton. Out of the Fire is about right across the street, California style atmosphere, really nice place, nice wine selection, open fire grill. Need reservationsThe Rustic Inn is right around the corner as well, we like this place for good seafood. Not sure you need reservationsMasons, right around the corner, super high end, unreal food. Need reservations Socca, can walk there from Inn, Italian Food, not been there, high end, mixed reviews from our friends. Locals in the Tidewater, know the guy who bought and redid it, not been there, our friends give it mixed reviews toward lower end. 202 Dover, can walk, just opened last week, high end, beautiful place. No reviews from friends yet. Might need reservationsGeneral Tanuki's, can walk there, fun place, casual, great sushi if you like that. Ivette and I eat there for sushi every Sunday night and love the place. Other dishes can be good too. Might want reservations, can get busy mid to late night.

If anyone wants a great buffet for Friday night, I will be going, head to St Michaels and to Town Dock, THE BEST oyster buffet on the shore bar none. $27.50 all you can eat, raw oysters, friend oysters, baked oysters, prime rib, steamed shrimp, king crab legs, fish,soup, vegetables, salad, and dessert. I have no financial interest, but Ivette and I have tried every

Unfortunately my family's Robert Morris Inn in Oxford is closed or I would get everyone a deal to enjoy some of the best crab cakes in the world. Put it on your list for Spring and Summer. Yes it is a free plug since my Aunt and Uncle run the place. Have had it for about 35 years and its a great location.

If anyone will hit the buffet on Friday let me know. Trying to get to Va Beach to slay some stripers and come back late Fri, but wind does not look good for that. If I do not make it there we will be at the buffet around 5:30pm

Brandon

·
Registered
286 Posts
Speakin of places to eat, does anyone know where we can get together in the evening after TieFest? I only have limited knowledge from a few trips up that way. Looking for a place we can all go have some brews and hang out for the evening. (We can move onto something crazier later on in the evening.)
I know down in the Kent Narrows there are a few places.
Harris Crab House, RedEyes (Bar)
Annie's Steak & Seafood House
Fisherman's Inn & Crab Deck
The Narrows Restaurant
Angler's Restaurant
The Jetty

Here is a link to a map, A to B is within walking distance.
MAP
I've stayed in the Comfort Inn across the street from Fisherman's Inn & Crab Shack before. I've walked from there to Red Eyes (When it's warmer out, that place is jammin'!) and across the street to Fisherman's Inn & Crab Shack. (They roll out brown paper, and just dump the crabs on the table, crab pickin'!)

So..........where you guys wanna go afterwards?

Later, Harry

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Hey Brandon. In easton. Their was a little familly Restaurant. On the right coming west. I can't remember the name. I heard they closed. Do you know which one I'm thinking on? Man I hate to see those little mom and pop places close. I guess I'll all ways have a solf spot for them. just like the local fly shop.

·
3,293 Posts
I'm new to saltwater fly fishing and can't wait for the Tie Fest ..... sounds like a great time.

I'm hoping some people will be bringing rods and reels to sell also ..... I'm looking for a good deal on a reel for an 8 wt St Croix Legend ........

I also need some sinking line and to learn how to make those sinking lines I'm reading about in addition to the flies of course ..........

·
Registered
506 Posts
Walt, it was the H & G restaurant ... the younger family members did not wanna continue the tradition, so they rolled it up.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
thanks jma thats it. I really liked that place. Good food not fancy but good down home cooking. I guess the young will never understandjust what those type of places mean to a community and the people that stopped their. Oh well I guess those type of places will all some day be gone. Well just have MickeyD's. What a shame.

·
Registered
286 Posts
rhahn427,
Your in for a whirlwind of information overflow. No better way to broken in right from the get go than TieFest.:D
Welcome to the maddness of saltwater fly fishing, it's a great community with plenty of folks to lend you a hand along the way.
Later, Harry

·
3,293 Posts
Can someone post the Tie Fest on the Tidalfish calendar.....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts