Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know if there will be a Tie Fest '09, this coming February?? Last year's event at Kent Narrows was phenomenal.

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Hey Steve: February 14th... Tony is shaping this one up to be the best one yet... I'm sure he will read your post and give more details... Mark the date... This is one is gonna rock the house.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tiefest

Hey Steve: February 14th... Tony is shaping this one up to be the best one yet... I'm sure he will read your post and give more details... Mark the date... This is one is gonna rock the house.

Happy Valentine's Day! I've only been married 53 years not sure that I can leave my Bride to go tie flies.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Anybody know if there will be a Tie Fest '09, this coming February?? Last year's event at Kent Narrows was phenomenal.
Yup Steve... Mike has is spot on.
I've been working on it for about a month now.
Feb 14th 8am to 4pm Kent Island Yacht club

To answer the question...
TieFest is a free event that I organize every year. It's a fly fishing show that is focused on hands on demonstration. You will have a chance to meet the biggest names in the biz, cast great rods, and see some awesome flies.
As far as Valentine's day goes.. when Lefty Kreh and Bob Popovics are available on the same day... you kinda go for it. I'm married... and I'll spend the next month organizing it. Keep your pimp hand strong man... just go.
I'll put a formal post up in the next week. I'm just waiting for a few more confirmations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
tiefest

I missed the last 2 and was wondering if there was going to be one this year. I am so glad to hear it. I really hope to make it this year. :clap:

Dan

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mike/Tony--Thanks for the response. I am marking my calendar and planning my Valentine's Day mitigation strategy even after being married 27 years.

John F if you tie flies, fly fish, or if you are just thinking about it--Tie Fest--in my humble opinion is one of the best fly fishing/tying events on the east coast.

Tony--Many thanks for putting it on again. Each year it's better, don't know how you do it, but all of us who attend very much appreciate your efforts.

Steve

·
Registered
885 Posts
This one is on the calendar....no way to miss it! I have 34 years in with my wife and she knows I need my fix. The 4 PM end time is perfect to get home and go out to a nice dinner with her.

Let us know if you need us to do anything Tony!

Ernie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tony...thanks ahead of time for a super event.....No way would I miss this great learning expereience. Again..thank you for your hard work.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Thats cool

I SAW KENT NARROWS AND GOT EXCITED. WHEN I HERE THAT I THINK RED EYES DOCK BAR.:yes::clap::thumbup:THOUGHT THE LADIES WERE GOING TO HAVE A TIE WEARING CONTEST.HOW STUPED WOULD THAT BE:yes:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Tony,
After last year's event, there was some discussion that name tags would have helped us identify each other and meet face to face. If you're ok with it, I'll supply the name tags and arrive early so they're available to all.

In any case, thanks again in advance for ramrodding what is probably the best fly show in America.

·
Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
1,109 Posts
Dave: I'm with you helping with the tags if the consensus is to have them... I was going to post this or B mail you yesterday but it slipped my mind.

·
Registered
102 Posts
You might want to advertise on Fly Anglers on Line site. They have a place for events. Just a little more exposure for a great event.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
For those who have not been - this is a must for anyone who has an interest in flyfishing. You will learn more in a day than the rest of the year. Where else can you sit and ask Bob Pop to show you how to tie it or have Lefty make you a better caster?

As for Valentines day? The event is mid-day. Go home and take your wife out to dinner. Who says the women get all the perks on 2/14?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts