Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's that time again gents!
Lefty, Bob Pop, Clouser, Horsley, Gardner, Silverio, Buzzi..... everyone is going to be there again..and a bunch of new shops as well..
Still free.. and still the best little fly fishing show on Earth!

Any questions just let me know. Hope to see a few hundred of you on the 12th!

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I'm excited!!!
If anyone hasn't attended, it's a blast.
The atmosphere is great. 2 years ago, I got to sit down and talk to Lefty for a little. It was just like we were friends for years.

Their is everything from learning how to tie, talking to friends you havn't seen in a while, casting rods, buying tying materials and MUCH more.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Cracker Barrel always makes a good breakfast once you hit the Narrows before hand.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Being new to fly fishing I will be there! Or atleast try my hardest haha.

Im going to repost this on another board also!

~Jason

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have some new vendors this year guys. I think there will be more material there than ever before. Tochterman's will be there with Joe Bruce. White Water Flies will be there with Greg Becker... a great shop all the way from Northern New Jersey.
Plus... I mean come on.. Lefty, Clouser, Popovics... the holy trinity of saltwater fly fishing in the Mid Atlantic...
St Coix, TFO and new this year G Loomis.. with all of their rods for you to cast.
For all the new guys, if you are interested in fly fishing, don't miss this event.
Please.. feel free to ask any questions. I'm happy to help.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for helping to bring GLoomis to the show Kev. I'll give you a call this week to discuss. I'm heading over to Lefty's place on Monday to pick up something special for Tie Fest. Someone is going home with a piece of fly fishing history... that's all I'm saying for now.

·
Tidal Potomac Fly Rodder
368 Posts
Can't wait for this event, love to see Chris Newsome, Steve Farrar and Bob Popovics tie their unbelievably creative patterns. Might also need to cast and buy a new stick or two for this year.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
Any word if Anglers is going to be having a SWEET sale like last year?
I could really use a few 8wts for this year.

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Huh.. I thought I replied to this..
I'll talk to them on Sunday and let you know Joey..
Everyone else... spread the word.. go forth and prosper. The event is free so guess what? No budget capice? Post the flyer places... tell your friends... There's even a facebook page.. just search for Tie Fest.. more updates coming soon

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tochterman's and Angler's will both bring all their closeout rods! Lots of incredible deals out there!
See ya on the 12th

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quick Update on Tiefest...
Just picked up a few vendors...
Clouser will be doing a clinic on casting weighted fly lines...
The weather looks good so far..
Hope to see you all there...
I know a few of you have helped me out in the past. The Yacht Club is having an event on Friday night. I have to roll in there at the crack of dawn on Saturday morning. If anyone can show up around 8am to help move chairs... (I know it's the sexy stuff) I'd appreciate the extra set of arms

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Tony - I should be there early to help out. Unfortunately, I have to bug out early, so I won't be tying, but I hope to see all youze clowns.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
So do I go fishing or go to fly fest this weekend with my kids? I wish it were Sunday then there would be no question and I'd go. There are certain parts of the bay that are fishing about as well as they can right now. You can always fish later right?............ Or can you?

·
Registered
578 Posts
You can go fishing later, Salmo. The time with your kids is short. Take 'em to the tiefest. Fish with 'em later. It's all good.

OMC, if I can break free early Saturday I'll be there to help set up. Will check the schedule tonight.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts