Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone use these?

I've tried on every single pair of kaenons, maui jims, and costas I could get my hands on, I none of them fit my [apparently screwed up] face very well. I've tried a bunch of other lower end but well reviewed (flying fisherman) and high end (oakley, smith, etc). They all either look ridiculous, or they sit too high on my face and allow way too much light to come up under the lenses. Most sunglasses, if I put them on and then look straight ahead, most of my field of vision can be seen from under the lenses.

Because I'm also an avid cyclist, I stumbled on to tifosi sunglasses in a local bike store. I found one model (dolomite) that fits my face perfectly and looks decently sporty.

They are available in polorized photocromatic lenses, and one of the choices is even called "open water green - though I prefer "normal" lenses that just darken things without distorting colors. Frames and lense come in under a benjamin too!

I'm confident from the reviews they are decent cycling glasses, are durable and offer great eye protection... but I was hoping to hear from the fishing crowd if anyone had any feedback on the optics.

Thanks in advance.
Josh

·
Registered
804 Posts
Josh,

Some sunglass shops will mold the glasses to your head/face. I had my last pair of Costas molded to my head and need to do the same with my current pair. Just a thought you might want to look into.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I like mine, but tend to have my oakleys on more.
The bike shop that I work at sells them and I recomend them as a good affordable cycling glasses. Most of them have vents and dont fog up.
I have had a pair for 4 years now and they are still okay. I tend to only wear them when i'm on the bike now. They just don't seem to be as
durable as my halfjackets, but will do the job if you take care of them. I'm just really hard on my stuff.

However, I have not used thier polarized lenses. I like oakeys polarization and have stuck with them. I would really like a pair of coastas, but
why not buy oakleys when I get them at wholesale.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a pair of Tifosi Alpe with the smoke polarized lenses. I don't have any bad things to say about them. For most situations they are great glasses. They are the only sunglasses I have found that fit my small face, and that are polarized. You can find them on zappos website for much cheaper than in the stores. Hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts