Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I have been lurking for about a month now. Have learned more about fishing the bay in that month than I ever thought I knew from owning a 17' cc back in the mid 80's. Been thinking about getting a boat again. Sold mine when my son started playing youth sports and all time went there. He went on to play football in college, Virginia Tech. And in a blink of an eye, those great years have passed as well. Although my son is fine, I can't stop watching every show on tonight and seeing the disbelief in those kids faces. While pondering getting back into the boating thing I certainly have run every reason why not to through my mind. But after this day, I think I have crossed the line to all the reasons why I should. Life is precious and unpredictable. Our community was reminded of that again today. My son is coming home. Some sons are not. I have the chance to share with him all the things I learned about the beauty of the bay, and all of the enjoyment you guys get out of it. Thanks to all of you that share your knowledge on this board... all of you. It is just going to make it all the better. Yeah, after today, I think I am going to get that boat.
See you out there, and thanks again. Tim

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Welcome to the board. Do what you can now because you never know. Glad your boy is ok

·
Registered
5,376 Posts
Tim welcome to the forum. You're right, go ahead and get that boat and enjoy what God has provided. Life is way to short not to memtion your health in general. I retired early in good health so I could enjoy boating and fishing to its fullest. Look forward to more of your post.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Nice post Oriole....my son is 25 and I can't imagine what the parents are going thru....great decision on getting the boat enjoy!......

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
Thanks Oriole .... sure glad your kid is fine. I join with you in praying for the loss of so many. The bay is wonderful and most of the posters on here are great people...I've had the priviledge of fishing with quite a few. The best of luck on boat selection.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Go for it tim! Welcome aboard! Your exactly right. Get a boat and take him fishing everytime ya get a chance. Holler if ya need any pointers up this way.

·
Registered
11,439 Posts
If you don't do it..you know you'll feel guilty later on down life's road.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber
748 Posts
Tim-
Glad everthing is Ok. My own daughter just finished college last year and I can't imagine what the parents are going through now.
Get the boat. If it gives you more time with your family, you can't put a price on it.
Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Oriole, nice post. I went to Virginia Tech, graduated in 1993. Even though I don't know anyone directly that goes there anymore, I still felt sick to my stomache watching all of this unfold on the beatiful campus down there, thinking of the parents of the students. Unfortunately Virginia Tech will be forever linked with this tragedy.

Good luck with the boat and hope you get back on the water soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My youngest Daughter finished at National Christian Academy in Ft Washington with Daron Washington aka (Skinney)#13 for VT she is comming home from UM Eastern Shore. My prayers to the Famileys of all those at VT. You have to give it your all they do not come with instructions. She does not like to go out on our boat unless we do some crabing. I'll be putting in soon and spending time with all my kids this summer for sure.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
Welcome aboard Tim,I to have a son and he has been out of my life for last couple years as he is in Iraq,he just made the rank of Major(marine corp):clapping2: ,the little bit we now get to talk he nevers fails to ask how's the deer hunting,duckin,or fishing and how much he can't wait till our next trip,

Buy the boat now and spend all the time you can with your son,while time is on your side..

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks to all of you guys. And BEST of luck to you gotboost and to your son in Iraq. Will be looking forward to the day you post of his safe return! Tim

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
I have family that works both at VT, and for the Blacksburg PD. We were all extremely happy to hear that they were OK after yesterday's events. Im certainly glad to hear that your boy is fine. Also, my Dad turned in his final resignation yesterday as well, he too realized that life is short, and he wants to spend all the time he can with his grandkids, and out on the water. He too will be joining our ranks of the Chesapeake recreational watermen.

"Live life to its fullest. Hold back nothing, and leave nothing in the tank."

1 - 14 of 14 Posts