Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guys usually stock up on at the Timonium show? What is usually cheaper here than you can find it on ebay or elsewhere the rest of the year? I picked up some shad bodies last year and plan to do so again this year. What else should I be on the look out for? Parachutes, line, swivels, trailer hooks, 25' Parker?

Thanks, Jeremy

·
Registered
9,016 Posts
I've never really seen a Deals there,unless they started a few years ago.That's why I stopped going.At least nothing that I wanted.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Look for cheap rods that look like the ugly sticks, ie they have the semi clear tip section. I got two of these in a 6' length w/ foam grips and they were 15$ each.... they have turned out to be good rods. I have Ocuma line counter convector 45s on these rods and they have not let me down. The brand name begins w/ a P but I cant remember the actual name.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
By the time you apply the enterance cost to whatever you buy, you usually don't get a good deal on low cost items. That means you better buy that 25' parker to make it worth your while. I go to all of them just for the hell of it. 5th (Marty)

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
I really dont see where there are huge deals either.....I mostly go for a nice leisurly day out.......I drive to my moms in the early afternoon, spend some time with her, then hop on the lightrail by her house......I usually hop off at Lexington Market for some lunch and a few beers and oysters then head to the Fair. I enjoy most looking at the different boats and listening to the saleman trying to BS there way into a sale........proclaiming "There" boat is the best thing since sliced bread.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
By the time you apply the enterance cost to whatever you buy, you usually don't get a good deal on low cost items. That means you better buy that 25' parker to make it worth your while. I go to all of them just for the hell of it. 5th (Marty)
I figure the enterance fee covers the seminars I plan to attend. I guess I will stock up on Parkers and clear tip rods and call it a day.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
3,318 Posts
Never saw any deals at the show in all the years that I've gone. The show seems to get smaller and smaller each year. I'm only going this year to get my Artic Armor bibs and jacket ......... the weather forcast made up my mind ......... looks like I might to need them next weekend ...........

·
Registered
616 Posts
The smaller deals usually have better "deals"--especially on bay gear/lures
Timonium has a pretty big emphasis on bass stuff--
I am holding out for Tri-state

Hans

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
I think it would be worth it to bust the balls of the sham wow guy!

·
Premium Member
26,291 Posts
If you really want good deals - go to Tyler's in Chesapeake beach the 10th/11th and 17th/18th. See the sticky at the top.

Tri- State on Feb. 7th is another good one plus FREE admission.

The Timonium show offers some good seminars - attend 1-2 of those and it is worth the entrance fee.

Earliegh Hghts and Essex also offer good deals for a low admission cost.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
If you're looking for gear for bay fishing see Capt Wayne's sticky post. If Ches Beach is too far hit either the Earliegh Heights show or the Essex show and see Capt Wayne/Tylers booths. He's got all you'll need. The Timonium show is good for the seminars.

·
Registered
8,605 Posts
Show is MUCH smaller than last year. I bought about 15 parachutes total from 3 different vendors but there is not much to see. I didnt attend any of the seminars

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Just got back, got to meet Greg (Bfaithful) and picked up some parachutes, shads, stingers etc. MUCH SMALLER just like Greg said. The Parker 23 was lookin sweet though...$58k I think

Dave

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber
2,741 Posts
there was a few good deals there today. umbrellas 2 for 35$, I thought one of the best deals was some nice looking cheap metal jigs one booth was selling.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts