Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My tires are rated at MAX 50 psi. I have a dual axel EZ Load trailer with a total weight of approx. 5500 lbs (Edgewater 225 CC). Currently I have 40 psi in the tires. When I got the boat and trailer they had about 34 psi. The trailer rides better now and doesn't bounce as much.

Any ideas whether or not I have the correct inflation pressure. Also my tire guage only goes up to 40 psi, not possible for me to inflate it any further.

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
I don't know the answers but I know some questions. The 50psi max is for the rated load range of the tire. You need to look at the tire and see what load range is stamped on the side. If the tires are Load Range B (~1200lb) you may have a problem lowering the pressure. I don't know if there's a scale for weight versus pressure. You can wet down a portion of driveway and check the contact patch to get the pressure in the ballpark.

·
Registered
118 Posts
As a rule, boat trailer tires should be run at higher pressures than the vehicles pulling them. If they're rated at 50psi, mid 40's cold is good. I wouldn't recommend going lower than 40 psi.

P.S. BUY ANOTHER TIRE GAUGE-running those tires by guesswork is a BAD idea![excited]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.