Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay here it is......

Tourney begins September 1st.......
Points will be awarded in all categories currently recognized by the citation program.
Points will be awarded for 1st, 2nd and third place fish.
Ist Place - 3 points
2nd Place- 2 points
3rd Place- 1 point

Fish may be entered by photo on a ruler, by official citation paperwork or if witnessed by another club member.
Places will be determined by length and in the event of a tie between a released fish and a killed fish, the releaed fish will win. If a tie occurs between two killed or two release fish the points for that position will be split.

The idea is to promote catch and release but not mandate it, also this doesn't limit it to a few species or anglers that are really good at a few species and it promotes becoming a better angler.

I suggest that we cap the number of points per angler per species to 20.

If you guys like this or dislike this idea pleae let me know, I would like to kick this off Sept 1st so we can actually finish off the year with a bang and have a decent banquet. If you guys like this I will develop an Excel spreadsheet to track results and show standings throughout the year and make it available through a link on the site.
Chad

·
Registered
165 Posts
i am not sure i understand how "points"work....
if there are points for 1,2&3 place, how do we limit the points to 20 per species? How else do we get points? I admit i am a little slow....[wink]

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you get 3 points for first place and you happened to win that species every month you will not be able to get 36 points for that species (12 x 3), this way you must catch multiple species and the anlger of the year. So for example if you finished 1st with the striper (3 points), 2nd in speckled trout (2 points), 2nd in redfish (2 points) and 3rd in spot, (1 point) and 3rd in croaker (1 point) you would get 9 points that month. If you finished 3rd in 10 different species you would get 10 points that month. I hope this helps. All species that have citations are eliglible (salt and fresh) and therefore it could make for an exciting points race. I am thinking we could do fundraisers and work with manufacturers and get some good prizes and maybe even a riggged kayak for the Anlger of the year prize.
Thanks,
Chad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts