Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I have 6 TLD 25's that I use mailnly for offshore fishing and pulling umbrellas for rockfishing. I am not thrilled with the standard handle that comes on them and was wondering if there is an after market "power handle" or something bigger than what they come with. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

Ben
21 Regulator
Yamaha 200 SWSII

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
Alan's handles are great.

I recently purchased two, for a TLD-25 and a TLD-30.

Price is $40, including shipping. He includes a self-addressed, stamped envelope for you to send him a check..

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Another vote for Alan's power handles. TLD 25's are awesome reels and those handles make them all the better!! Best 30-40 bucks I have spent on a reel

·
Registered
406 Posts
A replacement from Shimano for a regular one runs at least $25 so the upgrade is a good deal if you compare replacement cost.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I emailed him at his Yahoo address yesterday and he already responded that one will be on it's way shortly.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered two from Alan this morning and as long as I like them, I will be ordering 4 more.

Ben

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Suggestion

You asked for a suggestion,well here goes.
There are some OLD Penn reel handles that are the same length as the costly ones you want to spend your money on.
If you can get one of these old handles it takes a little modifying with a small file on the ( ) hole by squaring the ( )'s off and making it fit the square on the TLD 25.

I've done two already and they work fine with no problems.:clap:

Fortunately for me my friend Teembo gave me the old handles so they cost me nothing.:yes:

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Putting a Penn handle on a Shimano reel...that's sacrilegious ain't it?

Just kidding Chuck, if I had some I'd try it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts