Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had em all.....From what I've heard, the new SBE II is supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread.....I'm considering getting one, but haven't shot one or heard any local feedback....Anybody heard anything about the II or should I just get the old I???

Any input is appreciated.....

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bought a SBE a few years back and could not get it to pattern worth a ****. It had seven different choke tubes and shooting a 3.5 mag was worthless. Everyone I talked to said that you have to shoot 2 3/4 shells in order for it to pattern well.

So I took that joker back and got an Rem SP 10 (for deer and flatland gobblers and I have only missed 1 in the past five seasons and put an average of five bucks and at least one gob in the freezer). I also got a Charles Daly autoloader and I like it just as much as my old 1100. It has the great handling feel like the Benelli but shoots like the 1100. And for the money (half of the SBE) its a no brainer. I really like the Daly. Its light, fully camo'd and shoots great patterns with both bird and buck shot. At only $500 clams you could buy too Daly's for the one SBE. And they are carried all over (I think WAL- Mart even has them now, and many parts are interchangeable with 11-87s).

Good luck with your search.
Chopper

·
Registered
207 Posts
ttidecruizer said it well.. benelli is nice but spending that $ wont gaurantee you get the gun you want.. i know a few folks that have been more than frustrated with ones performance and sold it to go back to what they had.. know a couple people that had terrible jamming problems with them....and not from old shells or anyhting.... know a couple guys with the dailys that love em... i guess im tryin to say that dropping the dough wont gaurantee you get a good (shooting) gun...I had one a few years ago and liked it ok, but i got a deal on it, and sold it a while back for more than i paid... havent ever missed it

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have a 3" gun that I shoot for ducks (browning A5). For geese (snows and canadians) I shoot an SP 10. There is a big difference between a 3.5" 12g and a 10g. n The 10 patterns better because it was made for larger shot, is heavier so there is little recoil (at least in the autoloader) and it is definitive. Meaning when I load it with bismuth bb's it rocks. Clean kills to 50 yards plus are possible if you can shoot.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Beretta Al 391. No recoil, works great. And if you can shoot, especially with Bismuth or Matrix, or whatever your poison is, 50 yards is no stretch. Geese, ducks, doesn't matter. 391 is gas operated, so it reduces the recoil of heavy loads significantly, but the benelli does not because it works on an inertia system.

Everyone is going to give you a different opinion, a lot of people love their SBE, I love my 391, Joe N loves his Daly, if possible, test shoot some guns, and buy the one that fits best and you feel the most comfortable handling.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got my SBE II back in November and have loved it. The is an awesome all around gun. Had great success with it during goose season, have used it with great success at the sporting clays range and have ready to go for turkey hunting, using the Kicks, Inc. Gobbling Thunder 0.680 Turkey choke. It puts out the best/tightest pattern I have seen of any turkey choke/gun combination.

I have been very impressed with the SBE II and believe you will be too!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I've shot the SBE and the SBEII, both are great guns. However, I've yet to pony up the $$ for either. I'm not cheap but that's alot of coin for me. I've talked to several reps/dealers and I've come to the conclusion that it's all personal preferance (with in reason of quality of course) I REALLY like the Stoeger's....they are licensed by Binnelli to use the recoil operated system on the SB's and the gun feels almost identical and is 1/3 the price, but shoots 3" not 3.5". While asking the reps/dealers last fall they ALL said that of all the binneli's lines/products the Stoeger has had the least amount of problems. Might be a gun you'd want to check out. Good Luck

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've had my SBE going on 8 yrs. & love it. Light, low recoil, easy to maintain / clean & tough. The only prob. is I can't shoot the light, light #8 or #9 shot 2 3/4" shells bc they don't eject all the time. With the heavy #8 loads 2 3/4" up to 3 1/2" for ducks - turkey it works well. One of my hunting buddies just got 4 w/ the new stock, 1 for himself & his 3 sons but I haven't shot the 2 to see how much recoil difference. [grin]

·
Registered
211 Posts
SBE 1 is by far the most accurate ,dependable, great swinging gun I have. And i have some nice guns. I abso-freaking- lutely love it. Maybe it just fits me well, I don't know, but damn if I can't pull off some shots with it. Had a problem a couple of years ago with it jamming, sent it back to Benelli, they fixed it in a hurry, sent it back in a new hard case ( no charge) and has been perfect ever since.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I bought an SBEII in October of last year. I love it! I like it better then my 11-87s and my Browning Gold Hunter. My opinion, it is faster and has less muzzle jump. My 2nd & 3rd shot accuracy is way up.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have had a Benelli for around 5 years I have the M1super 90 and lovve it. I think it is the best balanced auto on the market. Worth the price to me I think so. But for the money you can not beat a rem 1187 or for that matter the new mossbergs. T each his own. If it don't work for you dont buy it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my first Benelli SBE in the early 90's and have run thousands of rounds through it in the field and in competition. It has been the most reliable shotgun I have ever seen. Rarely jams unless it hasn't been cleaned in a year or so. You can't beat the action for speed and simplicity. Benelli is constantly improving the technology they put into their guns and the guns keep getting better. I bought my seccond Benelli primarily for hunting when they came out with the camo version a few years back and I have never had a problem with it. I own winchester, remingtons, and a couple others but when I go into the field or onto the range, when it matters, I take the Benelli!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts