Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Graul’s Market in West Annapolis today. Checked out the seafood display while waiting for fried chicken. Rockfish filets $24.95 a pound. Kind of high for my taste. I don’t consider rockfish gourmet food. Evidently some people do.

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Gershbecks, .9 dollars a pound when I looked the other day
Was at Graul’s Market in West Annapolis today. Checked out the seafood display while waiting for fried chicken. Rockfish filets $24.95 a pound. Kind of high for my taste. I don’t consider rockfish gourmet food. Evidently some people do.
Get used to it. Hyperinflation will get worse over the next 3 years .Unless people vote a for another 4 years of it.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Halibut was 22.99 a pound, and I almost bought a pound to try it. Has anyone tried halibut? Girl said it’s delicious and sweet, but I was hesitate to try at that price.

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Halibut was 22.99 a pound, and I almost bought a pound to try it. Has anyone tried halibut? Girl said it’s delicious and sweet, but I was hesitate to try at that price.
About the same as flounder

·
Registered
952 Posts
Plenty of perch and rockfish in my freezer. A day on the water in my skiff with the 70hp johnson costs me about $20.00. I use the electric trolling motor on the shorelines half the time. One of my last trips out with my son and his wife in the boat put 3 rockfish in the cooler. The filleted weight was 9 lbs for the $20.00 worth of gas.

Mike

·
Registered
14,567 Posts
Plenty of perch and rockfish in my freezer. A day on the water in my skiff with the 70hp johnson costs me about $20.00. I use the electric trolling motor on the shorelines half the time. One of my last trips out with my son and his wife in the boat put 3 rockfish in the cooler. The filleted weight was 9 lbs for the $20.00 worth of gas.

Mike
That's good Mike! Most of my expense is the gas in my truck towing the boat from Mt Airy. The boat is a 115 hp two stroke so it's not too bad. I'd rather get a big cooler of 12" perch........ Gary

·
Registered
213 Posts
Get used to it. Hyperinflation will get worse over the next 3 years .Unless people vote a for another 4 years of it.
Deep breaths, single digit inflation is not hyper inflation. Surely ya'll remember the 70s, the sky didn't fall then, or in worse cases before then, and it will not fall now. Sure, the little guy will get trampled again, but that is nothing new, and has nothing to do with who is in power. That being said, it does suck to pay more for everything, I get it.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
In 2011, I made a 4-day live-aboard trip out of Homer, AK with 5 other guys.

Water Cloud Sky Boat Naval architecture

We caught our limit of halibut each day, plus other tasty fish like lingcod, Pacific rockfish, and salmon. Each evening the boat would return to the dock and off-load the fillets or slab sides of large halibut to a local seafood processor. On our final morning, we stopped at the processing plant and received roughly 600 one-pound deep-frozen vacuum sealed bags of fillets. I brought home 40-lbs in my checked luggage (I had two soft-sided coolers that fit inside larger duffle bags). Most of those fillets were halibut. My wife and I ate about a bag each week for most of the next year. Fresh halibut is a delicious fish -- more tasty than flounder in my opinion.

Water Sky Boat Fisherman Recreation

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Deep breaths, single digit inflation is not hyper inflation. Surely ya'll remember the 70s, the sky didn't fall then, or in worse cases before then, and it will not fall now. Sure, the little guy will get trampled again, but that is nothing new, and has nothing to do with who is in power. That being said, it does suck to pay more for everything, I get it.
gas would be 1.50 a gal and this virus would be the seasonal flu, if Trump were president. This guy is a moron!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really don’t think Trump or Biden have anything to do with this thread.
Putting a dollar value on the cost of fishing is a lesson In futility. How do you put a price on pleasure?

·
Registered
246 Posts

Mike
With all do respect Mike $20 doesn't come close to capturing the cost for one day. Disregard the cost of your boat, you have insurance, trailer maintenance, boat maintenance, tow vehicle gas, ramp fees, launch permits, tackle expense, bait, ice, food and the list goes on. All of which I'm sure you know but prefer to forget...

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
I really don’t think Trump or Biden have anything to do with this thread.
Putting a dollar value on the cost of fishing is a lesson In futility. How do you put a price on pleasure?
Then buy the fish and stop complaining about the price. I might vote for Manchin & Sinema next time if they're on the Democratic party ticket .

·
Registered
952 Posts
With all do respect Mike $20 doesn't come close to capturing the cost for one day. Disregard the cost of your boat, you have insurance, trailer maintenance, boat maintenance, tow vehicle gas, ramp fees, launch permits, tackle expense, bait, ice, food and the list goes on. All of which I'm sure you know but prefer to forget...
It's no different than saying it only costs you $40.00 to go back and forth to work each week. I was only referring to my gas usage. I don't prefer to forget any money I spend. I look at it as the cost of enjoying life on the water with friends and family.
You can't put a price on that.

Mike

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
gas would be 1.50 a gal and this virus would be the seasonal flu, if Trump were president.
Nothing to do with who's in power? Really ? Then how did all this happen/What do you call hyperinflation when it's the highest it's been in 40 years . When gas goes up 50% in one year because of guess who shut down the pipe line . Almost every thing has gone up more than single digits. Who made the campaign promise he was going to shut down the virus and not the economy . Defunding the police and crime goes through the roof . I could go on for paragraphs but I won't. Hyperinflation is just a distraction compared to all the other things that have happened in the last year.
Back to fishing. Do like Andy does. Fish from shore or your car, get a small boat or kayak if you don't want to spend a fortune or go through so much hassle to catch a fish . The choice is yours. They taste the same and it's just as much fun, maybe more fun.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts