Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to say thanks! Thank you for wasting my gas and and dinner for my kids. How they hoped i would bring them striper for dinner.( while they were at church praying for me ) I want to send a thank you. Iwas out of the house at 3:30 am and in the water fishing until 11:00 with no luck at cape henry. So i rushed down to the golf ball where 40 other boats were running full speed to reach there ,just to see nothing there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
We were at 9 foot Shoal and heard that. No way I was gonna run based on radio BS.

I'm not saying you can't trust anyone but your best bet is to make your own plan and stick with it, right or wrong.

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
i was at the 3 yellow can bouys.....i had FISH ON......i KNEW better.........you shoulda seen all the boats haul ass at the birds when we shredded 2 loafs of bread in the water.......PRICELESS

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I called a friend who I knew was down that way and asked him if he heard the report...
he said "BS", he was at the golf ball and there were no boats and no birds or fish.....

Like everyone else I've fallen for that BS but even if there were a bite it's usually over by
the time most people can get there....

Howard

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Some guys will do that just to clear out an area. Get on the radio and brodcast a false report and watch the fools run. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice I'm the dumb A$$. Unfortunately, We've all learned this lesson the hard way. Sorry you didn't get your fish!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
You should of stayed at Cape Henry...........Nice fish for our charter today big stripers and one HUGE blue fish!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'll Give You the Straight Info

Learn the boats and their names. Learn who runs them and you will learn who you can trust. If a guy gives you his name, boat name and can be specific and is willing to talk for a while, he is probably reliable.

I guide and I run the Solina Marsala. If I am on fish I will tell you. All the recreational guys are not going to clean the bay, its the commercial guys. I am out there a lot. Call me and I tell you if I am on fish or not.
Captain Mikehttp://www.tidalfish.com/forums/images/smilies/batch1/clap.gif

·
Registered
919 Posts
Ouch. I heard the golfball report on the radio while I was at the high-rise (aka, The CBBT High-Rise Boat Show). No way I was gonna attempt to go that far. I heard some other dude clarify about 15 minutes later that it was all BS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah that was me saying bs to that......I'm an honest fisherman and i will tell you where i'm hitting them ...others no respect

·
Registered
120 Posts
There were some that also stated on the radio that the golf ball was not happening. But again, you can't trust that either. I don't run on radio reports anymore as most of the time it ends up just burning fuel. If I do give a report on the radio, I will also give my boat name.

Joe (Miller Time)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Haahhaaa Thats too funny..Made my morning I see nothing changes..My advice put your radio on 16 stay off 68 turn up the XM radio find the bait and wait it out. Never be a radio chaser..

·
Registered
584 Posts
Shoulda Known

At best radio advice from an anonymous person has about a 10% chance of being reliable. The signal strength can give you a clue. We were at the High Rise listening to reports from the golf ball that were pretty clear... at that range the signal should be pretty weak...

Bottom line... not many anglers are going to call the Armada in if they're on a bite....

1 - 20 of 62 Posts