Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There aint but one way to feed this monkey. I have asked Brandon to hold my mail for atleast the morning, as I will be "out of town." I was gonna mow lawn for my former neighbor lady today but just remembered the mower has Tuesdays off,
whats a man to do I ask ya??????
The way I see it, it's like when that first girlfriend finally changes her story and decides to give up some rascadango- you better drop whatever yur doing and go git you some. Opportunity knocks ya better not git caught snoozin'.

I certainly hope none of you poor bastages locked up in an office all day happen to see this. I'll be thinkin of ya. Tee hee. Tee hee hee. Hee hee hee haw ho ho ho hee hee har har, oh chit....Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok that was cold, and outta line.
Haw haw haw, hee hee ho ho har hee ho hee harr ahharrr ahharuglononsirghall...........................................................................Sorry, laughing so hard I almost choked.

Gotta go. Gotta ready The Onion for work today. :yes:

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think there are a cpl brutes under this pier, am takin the ol ax handle with in case I need to subdue anything before I dare bring it on board. Thinkin I may need a wide-angle lens to fit the whole fish in one picture to show ya all.
Is it just me, or does it pizz ya all off too when ya gotta box of respectable crappie in the 12-13" range, and then the Slabzillas that are 17" and 2.5 lbs ea. are in there just a raisin' hell and trashing out the inside of yur cooler?

Please use any extra room in this thread by posting detailed info about what yur duties at work are today. Please include rotten bosses and lazy co-worker stories. Thank you.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Hey fungi farmer. i have been sleep in the tool crib since 3am. After another break then a safety meeting and another break i am leaving here at 11am to go fishing. Gonna catch my own white perch since AC is still being hoggish about it!

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rex if you havent upgraded yet you may as well put atleast a full, preferably a queen-size bed w/canopy in the tool room. You could accessoerize with a nightstand, alarm clock, reading material.

I am doing chores; pickin asparagus, eggz, feed chikkins, water plants, I am so stoked to go fish I gotta sit here and calm myself before I git the jitters and gotta pee. Why are you going after white perch when the slabs are in such shallow water you can dip em out? I had some sight-catching, watching the hook-up, with a close, clear visual. That kinda stuff will make me crazy.
I'm outta here. Keep an eye on the kids fer me until you leave, Rex, I fear they may not do well with the news about my impending slab massacre. I got a slip float rig n a splitshot/hook under a slotted foam peg-on torpedo float. Real Men know when to use minnows but never use em at any other time, never. I am also taking my telescoping Reach Out & Touch Someone brush buster, with 17 lb test. Guaranteed to turn even the widest-shouldered hawg.
As they say in the little handkerchief-smuggling town in Guadalajara where I came up, Adios Amigos.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought i would take advantage of not being on the crappie and nothing else site for a while. -jus sayin
Rex if you havent upgraded yet you may as well put atleast a full, preferably a queen-size bed w/canopy in the tool room. You could accessoerize with a nightstand, alarm clock, reading material.

I am doing chores; pickin asparagus, eggz, feed chikkins, water plants, I am so stoked to go fish I gotta sit here and calm myself before I git the jitters and gotta pee. Why are you going after white perch when the slabs are in such shallow water you can dip em out? I had some sight-catching, watching the hook-up, with a close, clear visual. That kinda stuff will make me crazy.
I'm outta here. Keep an eye on the kids fer me until you leave, Rex, I fear they may not do well with the news about my impending slab massacre. I got a slip float rig n a splitshot/hook under a slotted foam peg-on torpedo float. Real Men know when to use minnows but never use em at any other time, never. I am also taking my telescoping Reach Out & Touch Someone brush buster, with 17 lb test. Guaranteed to turn even the widest-shouldered hawg.
As they say in the little handkerchief-smuggling town in Guadalajara where I came up, Adios Amigos.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Amazingly, I dodged any bad weather yesterday. Had my raingear on at times but no real showers just sprinkles. My timing comin off the water was perfect, just as I went to back the trailer down to come out, the wind blew in and I am glad I left when I did. I caught some right on the bank and others in 4-5 FOW nearby. I culled thru alotta smallish males yesterday compared to Sunday but still a very good keeper ratio. Whats with all the dagum catfish eating up Sliders like they're stink bait? I musta caught atleast 15 New Kent muskies both Sun & yesterday also. I brought home my 1st 10 keepers yesterday. Probably caught 50 crappie total. I tossed back one at 13.5 that was yesterdays biggest.

This in-line Mepps-lookin jobbie will run the same depth as a Slider on a 1/16th head if ya keep it a little closer to the boat with rod tip high. It has a single hook that I put a 1" fleshtone curl-tail on and the fish loved it. I had that sucker so long the pkg was from Oshmans Sports in Houston ($.50, wish I woulda bought a doz now)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.