Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out today between 10 and 1 with 24 traps. They are still out there. We are still getting white bellies which surprises me this late in the year. Still throwing alot back too which bodes well for next year. Caught about 3 females today too. Here's a little crabbing video, if you have 2 minutes and 9 seconds of your life you want to waste.

Go Ravens!

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Nice Video! Thanks for sharing.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Brian - Nice video my friend, really enjoyed it. That's MD living. One suggestion which will probably generate more alternative suggestions (snoods)... I use the heck out of those topless traps. As soon as I buy them, I stretch the spring as far as I can from one side to the other. Simple and I rarely lose any baits. I prefer that to snoods for baiting and unbaiting, personal preference. Thanks for sharing. Jim

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brian - Nice video my friend, really enjoyed it. That's MD living. One suggestion which will probably generate more alternative suggestions (snoods)... I use the heck out of those topless traps. As soon as I buy them, I stretch the spring as far as I can from one side to the other. Simple and I rarely lose any baits. I prefer that to snoods for baiting and unbaiting, personal preference. Thanks for sharing. Jim
Thanks I'll try that,, Lost a lot of baits this season, Thought it was little crabs and cats but maybe just lose springs...

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Nice Video Brian, Same for me last week, 1/2 Bushel real dark & other OK but they will darken up......

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
Snoods, YES they really work......

·
7,173 Posts
OK, the deal with the tight springs vs. snoods is that if you are going with 1/2 necks, use snoods. I only run 25 traps for personal consumption so you don't need a lot of bait; in fact - I put 2 full necks under each spring.

·
Registered
5,385 Posts
Snoods!

·
7,173 Posts
Can't get into a snood debate because I know they hold; for me, just like the ease/speed of tight springs plus my farmer raises special long-neck chickens.

Attachments

·
Registered
14,576 Posts
Can't get into a snood debate because I know they hold; for me, just like the ease/speed of tight springs plus my farmer raises special long-neck chickens.
Each to his own. Whatever works for you is what you should use. There is NO right or wrong way to hold a bait in a trap and sure as $hit ain't worth arguing about!.........Gary

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shot another one, kind of for posterity, as it was with my dad(85) and my son(16). who knows how many more trips we'll be blessed to make together.. Going to try to shoot video on one more trip then put a more professional video together over the winter........This was from Saturday-- did good 11:00 to 1:00 about 3/4 bushel. Lots and lots of boats were out there.....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts