Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched out of Lewes about 5:30. Hooked up to the last ice breaker first. Caught 8 tog in 20 mins with all but 2 keepers. Tide started pulling us into the ice breaker so we cut off and headed out for an ocean wreck. Got out there and bailed tog for about 2 hours with alot of cunners mixed in. We picked up in search of BIGGER fish so we headed towards site 8. On the way the Coast Guard came out between the ice breakers, and we were pulled over. 15 mins later we were on our way with the nice yellow "Get out of being boarded again pass", and no infractions. So got a piece of structure on 8, and still had no problems hooking up fish. Did have a super nice guy pull up beside us when the tide switched and we were about 25 feet away from our buoy, and throw his anchor. No words were exchanged, but a couple of casts from my rod that I always keep ready with a BA with a 1oz jig head that landed all around his boat he decided to leave. Hit one more piece on 8, and still tog where there. End of the day we had 12 keeper tog for the 4 of us with the smallest being 18", and the biggest being 24". Did find a mistake that was made by someone. Some how we ended up with 1 female, but all other females were released. We ended our day at 4:30. Sunday we launched at 6:00 only to get out of the inlet, and decide it might not be the best idea to head out yet. Fished the canal for flounder with no action till 10. Then braved the 3'-6' chop out, and headed to the inner wall for some pretection. Hooked up on the south end, and caught 2 big eels, but that was it. 12 we were done. We were supposed to stay done till Monday night, but forcast was ugly for today too so we called it a weekend. I'll get pictures on here as soon as I get them off the camera.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Way to go Posse. If you saw a 19' white boat with a sky blue topside, that was me out there.

I keep thinking I'm gonna try the inner wall some time but I never do. Have you ever had any luck on it? If so, which end? I think the chart shows the south end is quite a bit deeper than the north end.

Good effort on Sunday braving that mess. Now let's see the BUCKTOOTH BLACK BEAUTIES!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Togger. I have gotten some tog off the south end of the wall, but nothing worth talking about. It's more or less a last resort for when Mother Nature dosen't want me out there. If you try the north end watch out for the pilot boat. Swear he runs as close as he can to try to sink the boat everytime he passes us.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sounds like a good swap Jack. But I will tell you I'm no expert in finding trout down there. I know of a couple of places to get some, but havn't really zeroed in on them yet. Now as far as picking up some wrecks I got some places that aren't fished hardly at all. Found some pieces by accident while drifting for flounder that truned out to be pretty good. I'll be down next weekend targeting tog again so I'll give a report when I get back.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.