Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The striper fishing in the inlet has turned off for the time being, except for the occasional undersized fish turning up. The surf report has also shut down. The only fish still being caught is the googely eyed, bucked toothed tog. :clap:They are still being caught on the wrecks. You should be in about 60-80 foot of water and use green crabs or asian box crab. A local charter boat, the "Karen Sue" run by Capt. John Nedelka, continues to bring in limits for his charters. John doesn't is pretty tight lipped about where he goes to catch the tog, so you will have to find some wrecks and give them a try. Good luck. If anyone is fishing the Inlet area Hook 'em & Cook 'em will try to remain open on week-ends to keep you fishing. Sat & Sun 7am-5pm Call 302-226-8220(weather permitting)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
mmmmmmmm I am hungry!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
if you wanna go offshore for seabass or tilefish, contact capt scotty on the fishbandit they are docked in indian river marina. big boat with lots of beam and another captain who can put you onto some nice fish, plus big heated cabin so you dont freeze your butt off.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Don't yell at me but what is a green crab or box crab? I'm taking it that these fish are good to eat, and can you tell me how long the season is? Is this something that I can fish for to get me out of my girlfriends hair because I'm starting to get cabin fever and it's the middle of January and rockfish season just closed the 1st? Just to let you know I live at the va/md line and we do not have these fish here. Can Capt bert IM with prices and schedules because I would be willing to go out if you teach me.

Thanks,

Eddy
aka kateyrae

·
Registered
89 Posts
Don't yell at me but what is a green crab or box crab? I'm taking it that these fish are good to eat, and can you tell me how long the season is? Is this something that I can fish for to get me out of my girlfriends hair because I'm starting to get cabin fever and it's the middle of January and rockfish season just closed the 1st? Just to let you know I live at the va/md line and we do not have these fish here. Can Capt bert IM with prices and schedules because I would be willing to go out if you teach me.

Thanks,

Eddy
aka kateyrae
Hey you can find Blackfish/Tuatog in the MD/VA waters. You can find them in O.C. waters, no need to make a trip to IRI. Or just go to your local bridge and fish the rock piles or pollons, they fish for them in VA Beach too. Someone pass me some white leggers for this man. :fishing2:

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
No you repeat after me Atlantic Rock Crab - Also know by many as a "white legger", "white crab":D
No one calls them Atlantic Rock Crab, and only Jersey tools ever say "leggers" and usually when they are whinning about how they can't catch blackfish with any other bait, around the Bay they are just "whites".:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts