Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left Owls Creek at 0630 to a bueatiful sunrise, calm seas and no wind on board Danny Kees'"Carolina Melody" with Steve Tyree, Ed Reuhl and myself. Stopped on a piece at the tower, managed one 15" fish on crab. Water was 41degrees. Moved farther offshore, water temp was 43 degrees, dropped the hook. Steve hooks up quickly, saying nothing except "GET THE NET! :bigfish: Fish looked bigger then it was, but weighted in at 11lb 12 ozs.:yes: A 22" incher was next for me, then a few 15 to 18 inch fish. Bite was slow, checked several other wrecks with no success, Wind picked up so we packed it in for the the day.Warmest water was 44 degrees, wound up with 7 tasty togs. Great day on the water with friends. :fishing2:

·
Registered
750 Posts
pretty work there guyz- thats a heck of as crew there! congrats on the paper there old bull- any pix?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Dam Pete...you'd fish with anybody..huh?.....Nah....just kidding...you probably don't remember me but we fish around each other back in the early 80's when the king mackeral were thick and the big blufins were feeding on them around the tower and out on the hot odg etc...we had the 25 foot trophy MY DESIRE.....But glad to see ole Ed was out fishing...I went to his wifes funeral 2 weeks ago...he used to fish with me 4-5 times a week......Hope ya'll got a bunch...and good going on that tarpon...I hoep to go after them this year....may need some tips.....

·
Registered
9,443 Posts
I got a picture of Steves big chin sucker but not sure how to post, callme Craig
If you would like, e mail me the picture and I will post it.

Here is a site that makes posting pictures easy if you want to give it a try.

http://photobucket.com/

Nice going Capt. Pete and crew ! How is that Tarpon mount coming along ??

I am ready for that party !:clap:

Dennis:))

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Dennis!!!!!

Thanks for the site , will give it a try tonite. Have not heard anything on the tarpon mount yet, so just come by a we will start a party:clap: :chugbeer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts