Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing fish caught on Tomics, but I'm not familiar with them. I looked on the net, and they could be spoons, or lures, and come in a huge assortment of colors.

Can anyone be more specific on which colors (and if lures, or spoons) on what works well in the bay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Tomic Lure website: Fishing Lures Tackle Manufacturer, Tomic Lures I use the Classic, 6 inch size, Firetiger color, and troll it off a 3 way swivel using a 4oz or 6oz bucktail as weight on 4 foot leader from swivel, with Tomic on 15 foot leader from the swivel. Sometimes you catch a fish on the bucktail lure. I use it as a WWB rig about 200 to 275 feet behind the boat. I think Tomics are used alot off Va.Beach area during the winter trolling season. The Tomic lure itself, with single hook, makes a perfect handle to swing fish into boat and hold for picture. Picture from Spring 2008 with son-in-law and Tomic caught fish.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
best colors, are the chartreuse w/red eys, firetiger, blue back with silver belly and red eyes, orange and yellow, aftrer that it's whatever the fish feel like looks good...I sold about 5000 of them when I lived in VA Beach

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.