Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hearing fish caught on Tomics, but I'm not familiar with them. I looked on the net, and they could be spoons, or lures, and come in a huge assortment of colors.

Can anyone be more specific on which colors (and if lures, or spoons) on what works well in the bay?

Thanks!

·
Registered
843 Posts
Tomic Lure website: Fishing Lures Tackle Manufacturer, Tomic Lures I use the Classic, 6 inch size, Firetiger color, and troll it off a 3 way swivel using a 4oz or 6oz bucktail as weight on 4 foot leader from swivel, with Tomic on 15 foot leader from the swivel. Sometimes you catch a fish on the bucktail lure. I use it as a WWB rig about 200 to 275 feet behind the boat. I think Tomics are used alot off Va.Beach area during the winter trolling season. The Tomic lure itself, with single hook, makes a perfect handle to swing fish into boat and hold for picture. Picture from Spring 2008 with son-in-law and Tomic caught fish.

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
best colors, are the chartreuse w/red eys, firetiger, blue back with silver belly and red eyes, orange and yellow, aftrer that it's whatever the fish feel like looks good...I sold about 5000 of them when I lived in VA Beach

·
Registered
134 Posts
Love them Tomics

I run them as a tandem, red/white off the planer boards can be deadly, Chartruse in the ocean is also great. Keep the leader less than 10 feet, as the can swim and dance all over the place

·
Registered
189 Posts
I've noticed that local stores that used to carry them, Bass Pro, Boater's World, no longer have them in stock.
Mailorder only?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts