Tidal Fish Forum banner

Too much water and a short time to fish

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  classicrockfish 
#1 ·
Went back into the Lynhaven today and found way too much water and as it turns our only had a short time to fish before I had to leave.
My charter for today called late last night and decided to pack it in.

So I went alone this morning just for fun. Spent a few minutes netting some fresh bait and hit one of my favorite spots.
Only fished for a little over an hour and a half before I had to leave.

Ended up catching 3 fish a 26" and two at 28". ( but they were nice, kept one for the grill ) Then had to pull anchor and leave.
I dont know if the bite would have stayed hot any longer but thats all the time I had.

Using -slip sinker, short leader to a # 3 hook and cut mullett or bunker.

The oyster beds are hell on your leaders by the way ( so check them every time you reel in) and the crabs are some bait stealing Bas%$#ds as fast as you can re-bait.

Talked to Justin later and they were going to try the area and I cant say as to what he ended up with. ( hope they found them)

The water was HIgh,High,High and the wind didnt make it easy either.

See less See more
#4 ·
hey Lyle.....

followed your advice and found some really big schools of finger mullet.......we spun a prop and had to change it out....limped back to our other spot I told you about as the anchor just would not hold in that wind......we ended up catching well over 30 pups and 2 flounder.

It was a nice day back there.....very sheltered.....good talking to you and hope we can get together for a trip sometime.....

Justin

#5 ·
Justin, Sweet !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry to hear about the prop thingy and sorry I couldnt get you on "the spot" over the phone.

Atleast you finally found the bait !!!!!!! I was thinking, did they all move out????????

We will try again. I promise there are a few really sweet places in that area that you will be happy with when you can anchor !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very, very few folks fish there as they all run by it to get to a better spot.

Lets hook up one day soon !!!!!!!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.