Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought chads drifter and took my wife to oc and we paddled out to the jettys. she surprised me. she did not fish but she anchored up and read a book for about a half an hour next to the rocks. timed the outgoing ending when we started and came in three hours later with the incoming. saw COBIA. YES COBIA in rudee. one guy on a private dock called me over he had one and wrapped around a piling but shook off before i could get there.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sounds like a team. I bought my wife a Tarpon 120 two weeks ago and she has surprised the heck out of me with it. First run was to Lake drummond not realizing its almost an 8 mile round trip but she did it well. Last weekend was a 5 mile run on the James tidal creeks near Surry and again, she kept up with me. Not too much on the fishing part but she can now understand the attraction and addiction of the low riding boats even got an up close view of 3 eagles last weekend. I'll have to get her out to OC and let her bounce a little bait.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I took my wife and 9year old daughter out Sunday also, had a great time. My wife paddled a Prowler 13 and my daughter had the Venus. Both of them did great. Hooked a tow line to my daughters yak and helped her to the bridge(M&M) turned her loose after that and she was fine. She hooked up with two croakers but was not able to get them in. My wife landed several nice size croakers then hooked up with a huge Ray you should have seen the look on her face [grin] she thought she had a big Striper! It pulled her all over the place. Had to cut the line. I think they are more excited than I was after my first time. They keep asking where were going next weekend. [grin]
Martin

·
Registered
107 Posts
My wife loves paddling. Unfortunately, she hates to stop while I'm fishing so I do a lot of trolling when I'm out with her. Good idea about taking a book along so she can read and soak up some rays. Thanks!

George

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.