Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am taking the family on vacation to North Topsail in a week. I'm leaving my boat at home. My 16 year old son doesn't understand why we are vacationing if we are not fishing, and I tend to agree with him but the boat isn't feeling well and I am short on time to get it fixed.

Is anyone familiar with any of the captains in that area? I think in-shore wreck fishing is the ticket for for the young guy. If you have any other ideas I would appreciate them.

I am heading out, with my brother, to Wolftrap, then the cell, on Saturday. Will hopefully have a report that won't "croak".

Thanks,

Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sam, I believe Chris Medlin captains out of East Coast Sports on the island. Also, Intracoastal Angler offers services out of Wrightsville Beach. I've been family vacationing down there for several years. Two out of the last three years, I've had good luck fishing from a kayak off the beaches. Look for birds working about pier length from the beaches. Also look for Spanish Mackeral jumping in the surf. Had a cobia go after a blue fish that I had hooked fishing under birds two years ago. Very exciting. Last year, I only saw birds working once the whole week. The previous two years, they were working every afternoon. Some afternoons were too rough to get out to them. Good luck. I'll be down there the third week of this month with my family. Jason

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sam, I'll be on Topsail Island the last two weeks of this month. Got two boats with one in the shop. Provided I get the 2nd one running we will have plenty of seats available.

My cell phone is 540-345-7084 hopefully it will work there. I've changed cell services since last year so I won't know until I get there.

Drop me a note with your number and hopefully, we can catch up and put a line in the water.

My working boat is a 19 ft Carolina Skiff so it's fine for inshore to about 8 miles out on very good days. If my other boat is ready by the time we leave it's a 28 foot ofshore capable craft and will give us a chance to pursue knig mackrel and dolphin.

Keep in touch and maybe we can catch up that week.

Tom Watkins

1 - 3 of 3 Posts