Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished yesterday and today off of the beach here at my apartment complex. Yesterday was a PERFECT night for topwater, as the wind died down just before dark and the bay was glass. Had about 15 blowups on a chug bug, hooked 6, landed 4, 2 blues and 2 rock. One rock was a nice one, about 26 inches; me being the idgit that I am I didnt kill him before throwing him in my bucket and about 10 minutes after I caught it he ended up tipping the bucket over and falling back in the water :eek: Managed one 18 incher after that that came home for dinner.

Went out again tonight, even though the wind was roaring up here at the apartment, luckily it was mostly out of the west and it wasnt *too* bad down on the beach. Still had to make low casts to get any distance though. Caught 3 fish on 3 blowups, all on a Yo-Zuri popper, 19, 20, and 23 inches. Kept the 20 and 23 incher, pics below:

·
Registered
963 Posts
What a neat place to live, fish when you want at no expense. You have to love it. Just curious do alot of people fish where you live. Sounds like a great place.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm definitely envious. I wish I could catch quality fish like that from my home. I thought I was lucky being able to fish right at work. :thumbup:

I had an awesome night on Monday near Solomons, but the stripers I was catching weren't near as big--only one 19 incher and a mess of 16-17 inchers.

Last night, all I could find around Solomons were bluefish. Caught three 19 inchers, which seems to be the magic number for me this season.

·
Premium Member
26,290 Posts
Nice catching but could you wash the blood off the fish before you take photos ?

I'm squeamish around blood :D:D:D:D.

That 26 incher escaping is priceless :thumbup:.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
surprisingly...

What a neat place to live, fish when you want at no expense. You have to love it. Just curious do alot of people fish where you live. Sounds like a great place.
Not that many people do fish from the beach here, especially this time of year. In all the days I have been out topwater fishing this fall, I havent seen anyone else out. Back when it was warmer there would be people out on the weekends.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
weird, last night was ENE at my place ~15-20kts
the wind definitely did shift around on me by the time i headed back up last nite and was blowing almost straight out of the north. just took a walk down to the beach to see what kind of havoc today's wind is wreaking; it looks like its going to be *windy* tonight, but im gonna give it a shot anyways to see if i can tie into a couple...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts