Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The crew today was my son Eric and three of his friends. I don't like 5 on the boat but what can you say.

The plan was to go south to 83 and start trolling and that is what we did. The seas were calm and I got the lines out in short order. That was the start of a long boat ride. We trolled all the way down to the CR buoy and worked that area. The meter showed lots of fish but not as much bait as I had been seeing. We did have a strike on a tandem storm. They ripped off both tails but no hookup.

The radio had some chatter about better fishing up north. I talked to Sykesville (Mega-Jack) and he said he was getting steady bites. I kept working the area down south until about 3:00 and then pulled in the spread and headed north. Sure enough they were right were Sykesville was and we saw some working birds. JohnnyO was there working the birds. He is always around working birds. The jigging rods came out and we had 3 fish in short order. They were about 22 - 25". JohnnyO was kind enough to give us a fish so the boys had enough to take home for dinner. The friends from Ohio to play all the fish and were pleased.

It was a pleasant day on the water.

·
Registered
9,006 Posts
Jerry,Not what I wanted to hear!Seems like by the time I get on the Water,the Bite is over!Its always..."You should have been here yesterday"!Will be out tomorrow startin' at the Bridge and South.You going out? [Mike]

·
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not going out tomorrow Mike. I have some family obligations. I heard folks talking about 88 & 86 catching fish.

·
Registered
7,563 Posts
I'm sorry that I could not be there with my lucky terrorist head mask.:D Sounds like you saved the day though...that's a nice class of LTJ fish.

I've only met JohnnyO once (very briefly) last year at CBBT, but from what I gather through reading nature books, the predictable order of a Bay feeding frenzy is Menhaden, then Rockfish, then Gulls, then Johnny O.

·
2,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm sorry that I could not be there with my lucky terrorist head mask.:D
I knew there was something missing. Let's not forget the bullet proof life jacket.

... the predictable order of a Bay feeding frenzy is Menhaden, then Rockfish, then Gulls, then Johnny O.
That is it. I had to buy binoculars just to be able to match old Eagle Eye's ability to spot birds.

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Way to stick it out Jerry and put those boys on some fish. Thanks for the report and I will not be out until after the 17th of December

·
Registered
643 Posts
Hey Mike, Got room for 1 more tommorrow?? cujo 443-243-0083

·
Registered
152 Posts
Glad to hear they are still up this way, wasnt able to make it out today...traveling took longer than expected.

T

1 - 12 of 12 Posts