Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We hit a little patch of better looking water in the Poormans yesterday after agonizing about whether to point to the Washington given the pickup in tuna activity down there. I finally decided that dolphin would be a more sure thing, thinking the tuna farther south were biting better at night on the chunk, which wouldn't work for us on a day trip. Well, turned out the dolphin were much less sure than I was and we struggled to put up much in the way of numbers. Troll bite was flat out terrible with only a few mystery bites. We did bail half a dozen dolphin to 10-15 lbs, but didn't get the numbers I was hoping for and never really came across a good school. In retrospect we probably should have spent less time trolling and more time with the light stuff, but oh well. Fun trip regardless and boy was it flat out there. Ran around at 35 knots. We did run inshore a little bit and redeployed the spread with some wahoo lures mixed in. Two bites on a wire islander way back with an inline weight, including one very clean ballyhoo bitten in half that could have been a hoo. Of course right behind the hook. Sounds like the bite was much better a little bit south of us.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts