Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tough day on the rapp. Left wake about 1130. Trolled between mosquito pt an the bridge. Nada. Tried jigging the bridge with no luck. Trolled above the bridge with one short fish caught on a pink drone on the bottom. Trolled white umbrella, stretch and 4 bottom bouncer rigs. Water temp reading 55.2. Up from Thurs.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Had no luck Sunday in the same area. Had one bite on a stretch that got off shortly after beginning to reel it in. Nothing other than that. We went as far east as Windmill Pt. Found out today that my boss was 5 miles east of us from R2 on east and they caught over 100 fish on storm shad umbrellas near the bottom. Salt in the wound there! We did mark a lot of fish first half of the day.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Same story for me. I stayed in the river and didn't have the same success as Friday, while my neighbor went out toward Tangier and brought back 3 over 36" and 3 25" or so. The bummer is that the water was perfect for going out further (on Sat)... I just didn't. A missed opportunity.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Same story, slow day on Sunday for me, started at Garrett's and hit the usual spots down to below Greenvale Cr. Nothing until picked up a fat 24" and a couple of unders near #10 mid-day at high tide. Fished a couple more hours with only a couple of throwbacks. Talked to guys at the marina that picked up 6 fish with 2-3 mid to upper 20's around the bridge at high tide most on a stretch, other that that sounded like most folks were not catching. Marked some nice bait balls in the river, but could not pull anything out of them.

Nice day to be on the water, calm and warm. I trade that for some waves, frost and fish!

Rappangler

·
Registered
558 Posts
Same story here.
Left Best with all intentions of hitting the Bay. Never fished the Bay and figured this would be the perfect chance.
Got out past 6 and seen boats and birds everywhere so decided to drop lines and save fuel.
Hooked a 21+ within minutes so decided to stay.
Another hit about an hour later on umbrella but SOMEBODY forgot to set the drag and it spit the hook before I could tighten it.
Spent the next few hours searching then got a nice hit on the bucktail that has caught most of my fish this year. As soon as my bil grabbed the rod it broke off. Braid broke about 100' from boat for no apparent reason. Best lure in the box gone.

Still burned up a half tank of fuel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts