Tidal Fish Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

· Registered
605 Posts
I feel so inadequate, I just used some HVAC silver rod to coat bicycle stainless ball bearings, haven't seen any werewolves yet though...
Just a matter of time.

May I respectfully suggest that you preemptively view the movie Silver Bullet, starring the indomitable Gary Busey. He'll show you how to deal with werewolves.

Forehead Mouth Jaw Wings Facial hair

Wheel Vehicle Human Tire Guitar accessory

Might even be some bullet casting in it, can't recall.

· Registered
260 Posts
Hopefully he can recover the shotgun. Once it's been properly disassembled and evaluated then a decision can be made about it's serviceability. Modern firearms have materials,coatings and treatments that could easily withstand a stint in the salt. The chamber is the critical area. They are the stoutest part of the barrel. If it happens to be badly pitted which would be painfully obvious along with any bolt lugs. Even a decent coat of rust can be cleaned up and refinished and still be perfectly serviceable. It's all kind of moot until it's recovered and evaluated.

· Registered
260 Posts
Well it's been recovered. From the outside it looks perfectly fine. I'd be willing to bet that with a clean and oil it will be perfectly serviceable. You could probably buy a dozen for the cost of the recovery effort though.

· Registered
260 Posts
I've been tasked a few times over the years to bring a rusted old gun back to life usually after decades of neglect and rusted shut. I can say that there were only a few that I wouldn't gladly fire with appropriate loads. Even Damascus barreled shotguns. I wouldn't put modern turkey loads through them but some pyrodex and #7 no problem. It's a feeling hunting with your Great Grandfather's shotgun.

61 - 80 of 84 Posts