Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
father (Capt Trayt), Al (BeeBopper), Greg (Hattrick) brother and I in Hatteras for the week of Oct 11-18th. Inshore fishing was very slow, I believe due to a strong northeast blow and a full moon. The outgoing tide was prevalent, making drifting for flounder a tough situation. The flounder fishing did improve towards the end of the week, with a light SW wind. We caught an average of 20 per day (4 days) with only 4 keepers total. Spanish trolling was also way off, we only managed 1. Lost what appeared to be a Alby and a King Mack. Surf fishing was also tough with no pups caught. Lots of Blues towards the end of the week. All in all, a fun week. We have become spoiled with his particulat week in October, as we have made it routine to slay the Spanish and Flounder Columbus Day week. But this year it was not meant to be. I think that it may be a bit too warm, so if anyone is coming in a few weeks, you will probably hit it just right! Left the Parker home - didn't want to get her dirty:D

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Brett at least you guys had fun,thats more than I can say for myself.I should of said the hell with it and went with ya,because I didn`t get anything accomplished here.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com!
3,659 Posts
Hi Brett,

Hey, at least you all gave it the ole college try. You had some fun and got away from here/work/etc.

Thanks for the rpt.

:clap::D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts